Utility sub-stack names

masmit
I just signed up to Mark Tallutos mmgen group on yahoo. I'm no more
than a hobbyist, but I'm interested to see how an open source project
works...

Anyway, on opening the mmgen stack, Rev popped up the warning that
there was already a stack "Info" in memory (in this case part of the
excellent altPlugin) with the usual caveats about trying to edit either
of them.

I've run into this kind of thing before - having two projects open in
the IDE, both with stacks named "Preferences", for instance. My
solution has been to name utility sub-stacks with some version of the
project name as a prefix eg. myprojectPreferences.

Just thought I'd mention it.

Cheers,

Mark

RE: Utility sub-stack names

MisterX
Mark,

The duplicate stack name is a major (IMOHO) issue that is well
known - in this exclusively particular case the unique-id of an object is
not the determinant of the object conflict. Try to use unique stack names to
avoid the problems.

Avoid duplicate image IDs as well...

cheers
Xavier

Re: Utility sub-stack names

Mark Talluto

On Jun 14, 2005, at 4:27 AM, Mark Smith wrote:

> I just signed up to Mark Tallutos mmgen group on yahoo. I'm no more
> than a hobbyist, but I'm interested to see how an open source
> project works...
>
> Anyway, on opening the mmgen stack, Rev popped up the warning that
> there was already a stack "Info" in memory (in this case part of
> the excellent altPlugin) with the usual caveats about trying to
> edit either of them.
>
> I've run into this kind of thing before - having two projects open
> in the IDE, both with stacks named "Preferences", for instance. My
> solution has been to name utility sub-stacks with some version of
> the project name as a prefix eg. myprojectPreferences.
>
> Just thought I'd mention it.

Mark has graciously offered to rename the substacks and their
references to make them more unique.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software