Vertical progress bar

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Vertical progress bar

rjd318
Hi all - I guess it's not as easy as rotating the existing progress bar control? Anyone know of a pre-existing technique to do this?

- Jose
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vertical progress bar

Tore Nilsen
It is even easier, just make the height of the bounding rectangle higher than the width and you will have a vertical progress bar.

Tore

> 28. jun. 2016 kl. 18.50 skrev rjd318 <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi all - I guess it's not as easy as rotating the existing progress bar control? Anyone know of a pre-existing technique to do this?
>
> - Jose
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vertical progress bar

Dar Scott
Wow!  That is cool!  How did you even discover this?  

> On Jun 28, 2016, at 10:55 AM, Tore Nilsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It is even easier, just make the height of the bounding rectangle higher than the width and you will have a vertical progress bar.
>
> Tore
>> 28. jun. 2016 kl. 18.50 skrev rjd318 <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Hi all - I guess it's not as easy as rotating the existing progress bar control? Anyone know of a pre-existing technique to do this?
>>
>> - Jose
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vertical progress bar

Tore Nilsen
I cannot remember when, but I guess it was pure and simple logic. All controls have a bounding rect, and if this bounding rect is higher than its width then… :-)

Tore


> 28. jun. 2016 kl. 19.26 skrev Dar Scott <[hidden email]>:
>
> Wow!  That is cool!  How did you even discover this?  
>
>> On Jun 28, 2016, at 10:55 AM, Tore Nilsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> It is even easier, just make the height of the bounding rectangle higher than the width and you will have a vertical progress bar.
>>
>> Tore
>>> 28. jun. 2016 kl. 18.50 skrev rjd318 <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Hi all - I guess it's not as easy as rotating the existing progress bar control? Anyone know of a pre-existing technique to do this?
>>>
>>> - Jose
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> use-livecode mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
>>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vertical progress bar

mwieder
In reply to this post by Dar Scott
Dar Scott <dsc@...> writes:

>
> Wow!  That is cool!  How did you even discover this?  

Progressbars are a subclass of scrollbars.
You can have horizontal and vertical scrollbars.
The rect determines which.
(not sure what happens with squares)

--
 Mark Wieder
 [hidden email]




_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware@gmail.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vertical progress bar

Tore Nilsen
If the rect is square the scrollbar/progressbar will be vertical.

Tore

> 28. jun. 2016 kl. 19.34 skrev Mark Wieder <[hidden email]>:
>
> Dar Scott <dsc@...> writes:
>
>>
>> Wow!  That is cool!  How did you even discover this?  
>
> Progressbars are a subclass of scrollbars.
> You can have horizontal and vertical scrollbars.
> The rect determines which.
> (not sure what happens with squares)
>
> --
> Mark Wieder
> [hidden email]
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vertical progress bar

mwieder
Tore Nilsen <tore.nilsen@...> writes:

> If the rect is square the scrollbar/progressbar will be vertical.

Thanks.
Laziness/procrastination FTW.

--
 Mark Wieder
 [hidden email]



_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
--
 Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware@gmail.com
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vertical progress bar

Richmond Mathewson-2
I wonder how a 45 degree progress bar could be made?

R.

On 28.06.2016 21:44, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Tore Nilsen <tore.nilsen@...> writes:
>
>> If the rect is square the scrollbar/progressbar will be vertical.
> Thanks.
> Laziness/procrastination FTW.
>


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vertical progress bar

rjd318
In reply to this post by Tore Nilsen
Wow! Is right =)  I was already planning crazy stuff in my head as to how to do this (it wasn't going well) so thank you so much for the info!

> On Jun 28, 2016, at 12:39 PM, Tore Nilsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> If the rect is square the scrollbar/progressbar will be vertical.
>
> Tore
>> 28. jun. 2016 kl. 19.34 skrev Mark Wieder <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Dar Scott <dsc@...> writes:
>>
>>>
>>> Wow!  That is cool!  How did you even discover this?  
>>
>> Progressbars are a subclass of scrollbars.
>> You can have horizontal and vertical scrollbars.
>> The rect determines which.
>> (not sure what happens with squares)
>>
>> --
>> Mark Wieder
>> [hidden email]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vertical progress bar

Dar Scott
In reply to this post by Richmond Mathewson-2
I make weird ones out of polygons.  In this case, use one for the outline and one filled polygon for the progress.  Group them and have a group property do the math.  

> On Jun 28, 2016, at 12:46 PM, Richmond <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I wonder how a 45 degree progress bar could be made?
>
> R.
>
> On 28.06.2016 21:44, Mark Wieder wrote:
>> Tore Nilsen <tore.nilsen@...> writes:
>>
>>> If the rect is square the scrollbar/progressbar will be vertical.
>> Thanks.
>> Laziness/procrastination FTW.
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vertical progress bar

Ali Lloyd-2
> I wonder how a 45 degree progress bar could be made?

A progress bar widget with arbitrary rotation would be relatively easy,
perhaps a good first widget project, should anyone be looking for such a
thing.

There's even some code for a progress bar widget lying around in the
LiveCode GitHub repo...
https://github.com/livecode/livecode/blob/develop/extensions/widgets/progressbar/progressbar.lcb

On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 7:53 PM Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I make weird ones out of polygons.  In this case, use one for the outline
> and one filled polygon for the progress.  Group them and have a group
> property do the math.
>
> > On Jun 28, 2016, at 12:46 PM, Richmond <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I wonder how a 45 degree progress bar could be made?
> >
> > R.
> >
> > On 28.06.2016 21:44, Mark Wieder wrote:
> >> Tore Nilsen <tore.nilsen@...> writes:
> >>
> >>> If the rect is square the scrollbar/progressbar will be vertical.
> >> Thanks.
> >> Laziness/procrastination FTW.
> >>
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > use-livecode mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> > http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
> >
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your
> subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>
_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Vertical progress bar

[-hh]
There is also progress display available along slightly more complicated objects than rotated lines, for example as HTML5 standalones (also as Raspi-stacks #65-#68):

= Along a free polygon
http://hh.on-rev.com/html5/progressPoly2-8.0.0-dp-15X.html
= Along a regular polygon (choose 2 at top right for a line)
http://hh.on-rev.com/html5/hhProgressHTML5_1-8.0.0-dp-15X.html
= Along a bezier curve of order 2-9
http://hh.on-rev.com/html5/hhProgressHTML5_2-8.0.0-dp-15X.html
= Along math relations (for ex. spirals or  the 'adobe-logo')
http://hh.on-rev.com/html5/hhProgressHTML5_3-8.0.0-dp-15X.html

Hit "D" to show a progress demo (running 0-100%).
The check right of "D" lets you change the "base curve" (even while the progress is running).