Video from RevCon

Mark Talluto
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that RevCon is about to start.  I have
posted a small video of the conference room with everyone getting
ready.  If you just can't wait until we post the keynote, this will
get you started.

<http://www.canelasoftware.com/revcon/setup.mov>

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software
http://www.canelasoftware.com

Re: Video from RevCon

Klaus major-k
Hi Mark,

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Just wanted to let you know that RevCon is about to start.  I have
> posted a small video of the conference room with everyone getting
> ready.  If you just can't wait until we post the keynote, this will
> get you started.
>
> <http://www.canelasoftware.com/revcon/setup.mov>

wonderful, thank you very much!
Can't wait to see the other videos.

It's almost like being there ;-)

> Mark Talluto
> --
> CANELA Software
> http://www.canelasoftware.com

Best from germany

Klaus Major
[hidden email]
http://www.major-k.de

P.S.
Maybe you could add a timestamp or something on the page?
I'd like to know when all this happens :-)

Re: Video from RevCon

Thomas McGrath III
Very, very very cool

I feel like I'm right there.

Thanks

Tom

On Jun 17, 2005, at 11:31 AM, Mark Talluto wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Just wanted to let you know that RevCon is about to start.  I have
> posted a small video of the conference room with everyone getting
> ready.  If you just can't wait until we post the keynote, this will
> get you started.
>
> <http://www.canelasoftware.com/revcon/setup.mov>
>

> Mark Talluto
> --
> CANELA Software
> http://www.canelasoftware.com

Thomas J. McGrath III
SCS
1000 Killarney Dr.
Pittsburgh, PA 15234
412-885-8541

Re: Video from RevCon

mikey-2
What, no streaming?  That blows!  I was a little surprised as to the
limited number of people there.

--
http://taoofrunrev.blogspot.com
http://taoof4d.blogspot.com

Re: Video from RevCon

Thomas McGrath III
Send more video, I love you guys.............

Tom Mc3

On Jun 17, 2005, at 8:42 AM, Mikey wrote:

> What, no streaming?  That blows!  I was a little surprised as to the
> limited number of people there.

Sorry about that.  I don't think we have the bandwidth here to
support that properly.  Also, this allows people to download it when
it is good for them.  There are more than 3 times that many people
here now.  The room is completely full!  It is very exciting!  The
energy is super high in the room.  Will keep everyone posted.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software
http://www.canelasoftware.com

Re: Video from RevCon

Jon-3
How large is this file?  I am connected over a modem...

:)

Jon

Mark Talluto wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> Just wanted to let you know that RevCon is about to start.  I have
> posted a small video of the conference room with everyone getting
> ready.  If you just can't wait until we post the keynote, this will
> get you started.
>
> <http://www.canelasoftware.com/revcon/setup.mov>
>

> Mark Talluto

Re: Video from RevCon

Mark Talluto

On Jun 17, 2005, at 8:42 AM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> Send more video, I love you guys.............
>
> Tom Mc3

Here you go!

<http://www.canelasoftware.com/revcon/setup2.mov>

BTW, we have started and I am recording.

-Mark Talluto

Re: Video from RevCon

Mark Talluto

On Jun 17, 2005, at 8:57 AM, Jon wrote:

> How large is this file?  I am connected over a modem...

They will be huge.  I estimate 200 MB in size for each keynote.

-Mark Talluto

Re: Video from RevCon

Klaus major-k
Hi Jon,

> On Jun 17, 2005, at 8:57 AM, Jon wrote:
>> How large is this file?  I am connected over a modem...
> They will be huge.  I estimate 200 MB in size for each keynote.
>
> -Mark Talluto

but the first (intro) video is only 2 MB.

Best

Klaus Major
[hidden email]
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Video from RevCon

Klaus major-k
Hi Mark,

> On Jun 17, 2005, at 8:57 AM, Jon wrote:
>> How large is this file?  I am connected over a modem...
>>
> They will be huge.  I estimate 200 MB in size for each keynote.

I would recommend to reduce the FPS to 15!
C'mon, 30 FPS? ;-)

Since this is no action movie a al Arnie Schwarzenegger,
that will be more than enough and will almost halve the filesize.

OK, if I'd be there and do a performance, 30 FPS would be minimum!
You can ask anyone who attended the ERC in Malta... :-D

> -Mark Talluto

Regards

Klaus Major
[hidden email]
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Video from RevCon

Mark Talluto

On Jun 17, 2005, at 9:15 AM, Klaus Major wrote:

> I would recommend to reduce the FPS to 15!
> C'mon, 30 FPS? ;-)
>
> Since this is no action movie a al Arnie Schwarzenegger,
> that will be more than enough and will almost halve the filesize.
>
> OK, if I'd be there and do a performance, 30 FPS would be minimum!
> You can ask anyone who attended the ERC in Malta... :-D

I totally missed that.  Thanks!  I will have that for the big videos.

-Mark Talluto

Re: Video from RevCon

Chris Carroll-Davis
Presumably they'll be a *bit* longer !

  ;-)

Chris

On 17 Jun 2005, at 17:07, Klaus Major wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>

>> On Jun 17, 2005, at 8:57 AM, Jon wrote:
>>
>>> How large is this file?  I am connected over a modem...
>>>
>> They will be huge.  I estimate 200 MB in size for each keynote.
>>
>> -Mark Talluto
>>

> but the first (intro) video is only 2 MB.
>

> Best
>
> Klaus Major
> [hidden email]
> http://www.major-k.de

Re: Video from RevCon

Klaus major-k
Hi Chris,

> Presumably they'll be a *bit* longer !

LOL :-D

I guessed!

>> On 17 Jun 2005, at 17:07, Klaus Major wrote:
>> Hi Jon,
>>> They will be huge.  I estimate 200 MB in size for each keynote.
>>>
>>> -Mark Talluto
>> but the first (intro) video is only 2 MB.
>> Best
>> Klaus Major

>  ;-)
>
> Chris

Best

Klaus Major
[hidden email]
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Video from RevCon

Jon-3
AKA useless to a modem user.  Sigh.  Maybe someone will make DVD "For
the rest of us"...

:(

Mark Talluto wrote:

> On Jun 17, 2005, at 8:57 AM, Jon wrote:
>
>> How large is this file?  I am connected over a modem...
>

> They will be huge.  I estimate 200 MB in size for each keynote.
>
> -Mark Talluto

Re: Video from RevCon

Bob Hartley
You wrote:

> AKA useless to a modem user.  Sigh.  Maybe someone will make DVD "For the
> rest of us"...
>
> :(

Well I have a 1Mb line and 1gb at work but this should really be compressed.
I did have a compression app (not released by the author) that compressed a
400Mb 3D medical image into 3MB (YES over 100x). It was lossy compression so
was no use tp me but was designed for broadcasting thingd like this. Surely
a 20:1 compression would be of use to dialupers.
I cant remember the software I used because it was years ago.

All the best
Bob