Video tutorials - OS X

Mark Swindell-4
Why don't I get video with the Rev OnLine tutorials in OS X 10.4?
Only audio.

This has probably been covered... but is there an easy answer?

Mark

Re: Video tutorials - OS X

Dan Shafer
Not sure what's going on here, Mark, but I can assure you the videos
work fine on OS X 10.4.

Dan

On Jul 30, 2005, at 12:30 PM, Mark Swindell wrote:

> Why don't I get video with the Rev OnLine tutorials in OS X 10.4?
> Only audio.
>
> This has probably been covered... but is there an easy answer?
>
> Mark

Re: Video tutorials - OS X

Eric Chatonet
Hi Mark,

You need the right codec installed.
Se in the "Third party" folder in your Rev main app folder: it's there.
Hope this helps.

Le 30 juil. 05 à 21:30, Mark Swindell a écrit :

> Why don't I get video with the Rev OnLine tutorials in OS X 10.4?
> Only audio.
>
> This has probably been covered... but is there an easy answer?

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Re: Video tutorials - OS X

Pierre Sahores
Hello Mark, Hello Rev Team,

See below the codec to install to read the RevOnline tutorials :

> /MesSofts/Revolution\ 2.6/Third\ Party/TechSmiths\ EnSharpen\ Codec/
> EnSharpen\ decoder\ OSX.pkg/

To Rev Team,

You sould do a test of reencoding the video tutorials in using 3ivXD4
as a free codec, 4 x more powerfull than MP4, working well with old
processors and natively supported by the QT player engine... I
would'nt recommand H.264 for yet : works well with fast processors only.

Best Regards,

Le 30 juil. 05 à 21:30, Mark Swindell a écrit :

> Why don't I get video with the Rev OnLine tutorials in OS X 10.4?
> Only audio.
>
> This has probably been covered... but is there an easy answer?
>
> Mark

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

skype : psahores

psahores+@+easynet.fr
sc+@+sahores-conseil.com

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:      +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:      +33 1 64 45 05 33

<http://www.sahores-conseil.com/>

WEB/VoD/ACID-DB services over IP
"Mutualiser les deltas de productivité"

Re: Video tutorials - OS X

william humphrey-2
I noticed that the video tutorials take so long to download when you are on
a dial-up connection that sometimes just the sound plays.

On 7/30/05 6:42 PM, "Pierre Sahores" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Mark, Hello Rev Team,
>
> See below the codec to install to read the RevOnline tutorials :
>
>> /MesSofts/Revolution\ 2.6/Third\ Party/TechSmiths\ EnSharpen\ Codec/
>> EnSharpen\ decoder\ OSX.pkg/
>
> To Rev Team,
>
> You sould do a test of reencoding the video tutorials in using 3ivXD4
> as a free codec, 4 x more powerfull than MP4, working well with old
> processors and natively supported by the QT player engine... I
> would'nt recommand H.264 for yet : works well with fast processors only.
>
> Best Regards,
>

> Le 30 juil. 05 à 21:30, Mark Swindell a écrit :
>
>> Why don't I get video with the Rev OnLine tutorials in OS X 10.4?
>> Only audio.
>>
>> This has probably been covered... but is there an easy answer?
>>
>> Mark

            |    |    |
           )_)  )_)  )_)
          )___))___))___)\
         )____)____)_____)\\
       _____|____|____|____\\\__
-------\                   /--------- http://www.bluewatermaritime.com
 ^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  ^^^^      ^^^^     ^^^    ^^
       ^^^^      ^^^

24 hour cell: (787) 378-6190
fax: (787) 809-8426

Blue Water Maritime
P.O. Box 91
Puerto Real, PR 00740

Re: Video tutorials - OS X

docmann
 >Mark wrote:
 >Why don't I get video with the Rev OnLine tutorials in OS X 10.4?
Only audio.
 >This has probably been covered... but is there an easy answer?

Don't know if this is any help, but I just installed the Dreamcard trial
on  my new mac-mini (my first mac!). Even after installing the required
codec, the first video I tried still would not play. However, shutting
down and restarting the Dreamcard app solved the problem completely.
Apparently, the codec is read an initialized by Rev and DC when they
start up.

 >Bill wrote:

>I noticed that the video tutorials take so long to download when you are >on a dial-up connection that sometimes just the sound plays.

The good news here is that the downloaded video is cached on the HD, so
the next time you need it there isn't a download involved. :)

HTH,
-Doc-

Re: Video tutorials - OS X

Sarah Reichelt
Not only do you need the codec installed, but you probably have to
restart before you get video, even though the codec installer never
asks for a restart.

Sarah