I just had a mobile app submission rejected from Google Play for
"Violation of Device and Network Abuse policy" which is an extremely
vague category of issues. Based on some StackOverflow research, it
seems that a common fix to this is to ensure that the following line
appears in your manifest:
I've found the default manifest in Tools/Runtime/Android/Manifest.xml
but can't find a way to see the manifest built when my stack is
compiled (like I can locate Info.plist in an iOS .ipa). Does anyone
know how I can see what is in my compiled manifest, or better yet,
have any indication as to what would trigger that violation?
Since I last submitted a build of this app, I have switched some
network calls over from libURL to tsNET and am using 9.0.1rc3 so the
app is being built against the proper SDK and targeted to the
appropriate API level. Previous submission would have likely been some
pre-release 9.0.0 build based on the date of approval.
Nothing else has changed network-wise other than an additional
instance of a mobileBrowser (of which there were already 2 before),
and there are no in-app ads or YouTube videos being played (which
seems to be one of the major triggers for this type of rejection), and
I'm not using the Map widget (which would use Google APIs). I thought
that looking at the manifest file for this app would quickly allow me
to determine if a quick patch can be done or if I need to dig deeper
for the root of the problem.