Waaay OT: SUBLEQ

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Here's a Turing-complete language with one(!) instruction:

http://esoteric.codes/blog/a-programming-language-with-only-one-command-and

Re: Waaay OT: SUBLEQ

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
thats so awesome..... i may never use it but to know its even possible.
thanks for introducing me to this blog Mark.

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 3:29 PM Mark Wieder via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here's a Turing-complete language with one(!) instruction:
>
> http://esoteric.codes/blog/a-programming-language-with-only-one-command-and
>
> --
>   Mark Wieder
>   [hidden email]

Re: Waaay OT: SUBLEQ

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 12:28 PM, Mark Wieder via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here's a Turing-complete language with one(!) instruction

There's a *long* history ad literature  about subtract and branch as the
sole instruction being turing complete.

Making it political, though, is quite novel :)

personally, I'm more amused by Brainf****, in which *only* white space is
significant . . . and it' actually been implemented on real computers (but
then, so has vigor . . .)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462