Quantcast

WannaCry [OT]

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Mark Waddingan wrote:
> the fact that there are probably not just billions
> but trillions of lines of C/C++ code in the world
> means that things are probably not going to change
> much soon - the cost to rewrite all of that in a language
> such as Rust would probably be larger than the entire
> economic output of the entire world.

That is exactly the kind of work that
Artificial Intelligence could do without
breaking the bank! :-)

Al

Re: WannaCry [OT]

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Right before it absorbs us into the machine overlord.

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 16, 2017, at 10:45 AM, Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Mark Waddingan wrote:
>> the fact that there are probably not just billions
>> but trillions of lines of C/C++ code in the world
>> means that things are probably not going to change
>> much soon - the cost to rewrite all of that in a language
>> such as Rust would probably be larger than the entire
>> economic output of the entire world.
>
> That is exactly the kind of work that
> Artificial Intelligence could do without
> breaking the bank! :-)
>
> Al

Re: WannaCry [OT]

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
http://hackaday.com/2017/05/04/google-aiy-artificial-intelligence-yourself/

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 10:54 AM, Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Right before it absorbs us into the machine overlord.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On May 16, 2017, at 10:45 AM, Alejandro Tejada via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Mark Waddingan wrote:
> >> the fact that there are probably not just billions
> >> but trillions of lines of C/C++ code in the world
> >> means that things are probably not going to change
> >> much soon - the cost to rewrite all of that in a language
> >> such as Rust would probably be larger than the entire
> >> economic output of the entire world.
> >
> > That is exactly the kind of work that
> > Artificial Intelligence could do without
> > breaking the bank! :-)
> >
> > Al

Re: WannaCry [OT]

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
We won't all be absorbed. Some will need to work as slaves in the real world.

Bob S

> On May 16, 2017, at 07:54 , Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Right before it absorbs us into the machine overlord.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Re: WannaCry [OT]

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
It is not trivial that the main character in *The Matrix *is a coder.

--
Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org