WebDocMaker / Online Dictionary

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
I've finally updated my online version of the dictionary to the LC 9.0
release.  In the process, I've posted the stack to my GitHub repo.

https://github.com/bwmilby/lc-misc/tree/master/WebDocMaker

The dictionary is available at:
https://milby.us/lc/docs/api.html

The guides are available at:
https://milby.us/lc/docs/guide.html

The files are probably much more appropriate to be self-hosted on a local
network though.

I have not tried to make it work better on small/mobile screens yet.  I did
put the code in that allows it work on iOS to at least select dictionary
entries.

For those of us in the USA, Happy 4th of July!

Brian

Re: WebDocMaker / Online Dictionary

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Hi all.

Being a newbie, I’m easily confused.

Brian, is there a difference between your “online version of the dictionary to the LC 9.0 release” and what I find at Livecode Community/Contents/Tools/Documentation/pdf/LiveCode User Guide (9.0.0)?

Thanks!
________________
Michel F. Lukawecki
Longueuil, Canada

> On 2018-Jul-4, at 19:00, Brian Milby via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've finally updated my online version of the dictionary to the LC 9.0
> release.  In the process, I've posted the stack to my GitHub repo.
>
> https://github.com/bwmilby/lc-misc/tree/master/WebDocMaker
>
> The dictionary is available at:
> https://milby.us/lc/docs/api.html
>
> The guides are available at:
> https://milby.us/lc/docs/guide.html
>
> The files are probably much more appropriate to be self-hosted on a local
> network though.
>
> I have not tried to make it work better on small/mobile screens yet.  I did
> put the code in that allows it work on iOS to at least select dictionary
> entries.
>
> For those of us in the USA, Happy 4th of July!
>
> Brian

Re: WebDocMaker / Online Dictionary

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
No difference in the content. I made it mainly so I could have the dictionary available on my iPad in a searchable format. There is now an app available and Dash which provides the same type of thing.

Thanks,
Brian