Webinar

Dar Scott
I've been trying to connect to the LiveCode 8 Webinar but I'm having trouble.

I keep getting a popup about not being able to open some document with a long random-looking name.

I'm on OS X 10.11.

Re: Webinar

Dar Scott
I think I figured it out.  I have sound.

> On May 9, 2016, at 10:07 AM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've been trying to connect to the LiveCode 8 Webinar but I'm having trouble.
>
> I keep getting a popup about not being able to open some document with a long random-looking name.
>
> I'm on OS X 10.11.

Re: Webinar

Mark Talluto-3

> On May 9, 2016, at 9:07 AM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've been trying to connect to the LiveCode 8 Webinar but I'm having trouble.
>
> I keep getting a popup about not being able to open some document with a long random-looking name.
>
> I'm on OS X 10.11.

Hi Dar,

While not very helpful, I am on 10.11 and am watching the webinar. Should work fine. Maybe some OS security options causing an issue?

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
livecloud.io
canelasoftware.com

Re: Webinar

Dar Scott
Thanks, Mark!  That actually was helpful.

The popup was covering up a bar at the top that essentially said, click here if you are having trouble.  I did and it was smooth sailing after that.

(I am excited about 8.)

Dar

> On May 9, 2016, at 10:12 AM, Mark Talluto <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On May 9, 2016, at 9:07 AM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I've been trying to connect to the LiveCode 8 Webinar but I'm having trouble.
>>
>> I keep getting a popup about not being able to open some document with a long random-looking name.
>>
>> I'm on OS X 10.11.
>>

> Hi Dar,
>
> While not very helpful, I am on 10.11 and am watching the webinar. Should work fine. Maybe some OS security options causing an issue?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Mark Talluto
> livecloud.io
> canelasoftware.com

Re: Webinar

Mark Talluto-3
I am equally excited about 8. The webinar was very informative.

-Mark

> On May 9, 2016, at 10:22 AM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Mark!  That actually was helpful.
>
> The popup was covering up a bar at the top that essentially said, click here if you are having trouble.  I did and it was smooth sailing after that.
>
> (I am excited about 8.)
>
> Dar
>

>> On May 9, 2016, at 10:12 AM, Mark Talluto <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> On May 9, 2016, at 9:07 AM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I've been trying to connect to the LiveCode 8 Webinar but I'm having trouble.
>>>
>>> I keep getting a popup about not being able to open some document with a long random-looking name.
>>>
>>> I'm on OS X 10.11.
>>>

>> Hi Dar,
>>
>> While not very helpful, I am on 10.11 and am watching the webinar. Should work fine. Maybe some OS security options causing an issue?
>>

>> Best regards,
>>
>> Mark Talluto
>> livecloud.io
>> canelasoftware.com

Re: Webinar

Richmond Mathewson-2
Unfortunately I was at work, so couldn't watch the webinar.

I would be most grateful if there were a link available for later viewing.

Richmond.

On 9.05.2016 21:40, Mark Talluto wrote:

> I am equally excited about 8. The webinar was very informative.
>
> -Mark
>

>> On May 9, 2016, at 10:22 AM, Dar Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, Mark!  That actually was helpful.
>>
>> The popup was covering up a bar at the top that essentially said, click here if you are having trouble.  I did and it was smooth sailing after that.
>>
>> (I am excited about 8.)
>>
>> Dar

>>> Hi Dar,
>>>
>>> While not very helpful, I am on 10.11 and am watching the webinar. Should work fine. Maybe some OS security options causing an issue?
>>>

>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> Mark Talluto
>>> livecloud.io
>>> canelasoftware.com

Re: Webinar

Stephen Barncard-4
On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 12:22 PM, RM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would be most grateful if there were a link available for later viewing.

1+

Stephen Barncard - Sebastopol Ca. USA -
mixstream.org

Re: Webinar

Jim Kanter
They said it would go up on the blog soon.

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 3:25 PM, stephen barncard
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 12:22 PM, RM <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I would be most grateful if there were a link available for later viewing.
>

> 1+

Re: Webinar

Heather Laine-2
Indeed. Here it is for your viewing pleasure:

https://livecode.com/lc8-launch-webinar-recording/ <https://livecode.com/lc8-launch-webinar-recording/>

Please forgive the slight delay, 90 questions take a lot of answering :)

Regards,

Heather

Heather Laine
Customer Services Manager
LiveCode Ltd
www.livecode.com

> On 9 May 2016, at 20:30, Jim Kanter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> They said it would go up on the blog soon.
>
> On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 3:25 PM, stephen barncard
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 12:22 PM, RM <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I would be most grateful if there were a link available for later viewing.
>>

>> 1+

Re: Webinar

Richmond Mathewson-2
http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=8404b344b09103bf489dd8a9a&id=6b47d04b9e&e=30cf6c38b4

R.

On 9.05.2016 22:30, Jim Kanter wrote:

> They said it would go up on the blog soon.
>
> On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 3:25 PM, stephen barncard
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 12:22 PM, RM <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I would be most grateful if there were a link available for later viewing.
>>
>> 1+

Re: Webinar

Heather Laine wrote:

 > Indeed. Here it is for your viewing pleasure:
 >
 > https://livecode.com/lc8-launch-webinar-recording/ >
 > Please forgive the slight delay, 90 questions take a lot of answering :)

I'm surprised and impressed that you took the time to transcribe the Q&A
portion.  Well done!  Very nice to be able to read all those answers.

Re: Webinar

Mark Smith
Richard Gaskin wrote
I'm surprised and impressed that you took the time to transcribe the Q&A
portion.  Well done!  Very nice to be able to read all those answers.
Indeed, I'll second that.

Re: Webinar

Mike Kerner
In one case, they also combined a couple of related questions/answers into
one item.

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Mark Smith <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Richard Gaskin wrote
> > I'm surprised and impressed that you took the time to transcribe the Q&A
> > portion.  Well done!  Very nice to be able to read all those answers.
>
> Indeed, I'll second that.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: Webinar

Roger Eller
On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 1:04 PM, Richard Gaskin <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Heather Laine wrote:
>
> > Indeed. Here it is for your viewing pleasure:
> >
> > https://livecode.com/lc8-launch-webinar-recording/ >
> > Please forgive the slight delay, 90 questions take a lot of answering :)
>
> I'm surprised and impressed that you took the time to transcribe the Q&A
> portion.  Well done!  Very nice to be able to read all those answers.
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Systems

I got an answer too!  :-)