What exactly does the status pending in Livecode Quality Control Center mean

What exactly does the status pending in Livecode Quality Control Center mean

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Hi,

does anyone know what exactly the status  “pending”  in the LQCC does mean?

Regards,
Matthias

Re: What exactly does the status pending in Livecode Quality Control Center mean

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Hi Matthias,

Pending status means that the LC team needs to take action in order to
confirm (or not confirm) the bug. We usually set this status when a bug
requires a bit of setup to test. I assume you ask about the tsnet with LC
server issue.

Best,
Panos

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018, 18:32 Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anyone know what exactly the status  “pending”  in the LQCC does mean?
>
> Regards,
> Matthias

Re: What exactly does the status pending in Livecode Quality Control Center mean

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Hi Panos,

thanks for the explanation.

And yes, i was asking about the tsNet/LC server issue. I am in urgent need to get it working.

Btw., as it even does not work on your own hosting platform On-Rev/Livecode Hosting, did someone at Livecode ever used tsNet with LC server successfully?
And if so, which OS and which LC server was used?

Regards,

Matthias

> Am 25.06.2018 um 20:20 schrieb panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi Matthias,
>
> Pending status means that the LC team needs to take action in order to
> confirm (or not confirm) the bug. We usually set this status when a bug
> requires a bit of setup to test. I assume you ask about the tsnet with LC
> server issue.
>
> Best,
> Panos
>
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2018, 18:32 Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> does anyone know what exactly the status  “pending”  in the LQCC does mean?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Matthias

Re: What exactly does the status pending in Livecode Quality Control Center mean

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
I have it working with LC Server 9 on an Ubuntu 16.04 64bit but only tested
on localhost. But if I remember correctly there are a couple of people
using tsnet with LC server on an actual server (Ralf maybe??)

Folks if you read this and use tsnet with LC Server could you share some
details about your setup?

Cheers,
Panos
--

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018, 19:32 Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Panos,
>
> thanks for the explanation.
>
> And yes, i was asking about the tsNet/LC server issue. I am in urgent need
> to get it working.
>
> Btw., as it even does not work on your own hosting platform
> On-Rev/Livecode Hosting, did someone at Livecode ever used tsNet with LC
> server successfully?
> And if so, which OS and which LC server was used?
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias
>

> > Am 25.06.2018 um 20:20 schrieb panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]>:
> >
> > Hi Matthias,
> >
> > Pending status means that the LC team needs to take action in order to
> > confirm (or not confirm) the bug. We usually set this status when a bug
> > requires a bit of setup to test. I assume you ask about the tsnet with LC
> > server issue.
> >
> > Best,
> > Panos
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 25, 2018, 18:32 Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> does anyone know what exactly the status  “pending”  in the LQCC does
> mean?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Matthias

Re: What exactly does the status pending in Livecode Quality Control Center mean

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Panos, did tsNet tests only on localhost like you,
using 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04 and 64-bit Ubuntu 16.04 Server.

In a nutshell following the results of my tests:

- There is bug 18961. An issue regarding tsNetSendCmd() is presumably related. Other Indy features work as expected.

- Although the business version licensing error is fixed the business features still don’t work.
  (As soon as I have enough spare time I will start filing bug reports, one by one.)

- On On-Rev using LC server 9 tsNet does not work at all because glibc needs to be upgraded as I was told by support.
  Custom directives in ~/.bashrc didn’t help, these seem to be ignored by Apache.

- Don’t think about using tsNet in a LC server / Mac OS environment.

Ralf

> On 25. Jun 2018, at 22:01, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have it working with LC Server 9 on an Ubuntu 16.04 64bit but only tested
> on localhost. But if I remember correctly there are a couple of people
> using tsnet with LC server on an actual server (Ralf maybe??)

Re: What exactly does the status pending in Livecode Quality Control Center mean

Monte Goulding via use-livecode

> Am 26.06.2018 um 20:12 schrieb Ralf Bitter via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> - On On-Rev using LC server 9 tsNet does not work at all because glibc needs to be upgraded as I was told by support.
>  Custom directives in ~/.bashrc didn’t help, these seem to be ignored by Apache.

Hm, On-Rev support told me that  GLIBC 2.1.4 is needed to run Livecode Server 9 64bit on On-Rev. The 32bit version is working on On-Rev with the older one.
They did not mention that this library is also needed to get the 32bit tsNET external  running with Livecode server 32 bit on On-Rev.

Regards,

Matthias

>> On 25. Jun 2018, at 22:01, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I have it working with LC Server 9 on an Ubuntu 16.04 64bit but only tested
>> on localhost. But if I remember correctly there are a couple of people
>> using tsnet with LC server on an actual server (Ralf maybe??)

Re: What exactly does the status pending in Livecode Quality Control Center mean

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Hi Ralf,

> In a nutshell following the results of my tests:
>
> - There is bug 18961. An issue regarding tsNetSendCmd() is presumably related. Other Indy features work as expected.

The issue is that any asynchronous tsNet function will fail on LC server.  I have not yet had time to go back and resolve the cause of this problem.

> - Although the business version licensing error is fixed the business features still don’t work.
>  (As soon as I have enough spare time I will start filing bug reports, one by one.)

Are you referring to asynchronous functions that are only available in the business edition?  These will fail due to the same issue as tsNetGet and tsNetSendCmd, so no need to file a separate bug report for these.

If you are experiencing issues with other business only features, please file a report so that I can take a look at them.

> - On On-Rev using LC server 9 tsNet does not work at all because glibc needs to be upgraded as I was told by support.
>  Custom directives in ~/.bashrc didn’t help, these seem to be ignored by Apache.
>
> - Don’t think about using tsNet in a LC server / Mac OS environment.

Unfortunately, I need to find some time to look into the LC server implementation on platforms other than Linux before they will be viable for use with tsNet.

Regards,

Charles

> Ralf
>

>> On 25. Jun 2018, at 22:01, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I have it working with LC Server 9 on an Ubuntu 16.04 64bit but only tested
>> on localhost. But if I remember correctly there are a couple of people
>> using tsnet with LC server on an actual server (Ralf maybe??)

Re: What exactly does the status pending in Livecode Quality Control Center mean

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Hi Matthias,

> On 27 Jun 2018, at 7:57 am, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hm, On-Rev support told me that  GLIBC 2.1.4 is needed to run Livecode Server 9 64bit on On-Rev. The 32bit version is working on On-Rev with the older one.
> They did not mention that this library is also needed to get the 32bit tsNET external  running with Livecode server 32 bit on On-Rev.

Usually I run Apache (with PHP/LiveCode) in docker these days.  I am not sure if you are familiar with it, but here is the contents of the Dockerfile which builds the image.  It is effectively just a script that builds a basic Ubuntu 16:04 Linux server running Apache.

( I can successfully use the latest tsNet external with it.)

FROM ubuntu:16.04

EXPOSE 80

RUN apt-get update && \
    apt-get install -y \
        apache2 \
        libc6-i386 \
        libfontconfig \
        libx11-6 \
        libxext6 \
        unzip \
        wget

COPY apache2/apache2.conf /etc/apache2/apache2.conf
COPY livecode/LiveCodeIndyServer-9_0_0-Linux-x86_64.zip /LiveCodeIndyServer-9_0_0-Linux-x86_64.zip

RUN mkdir -p /usr/local/livecode && cd /usr/local/livecode && \
    unzip /LiveCodeIndyServer-9_0_0-Linux-x86_64.zip && \
    chmod 755 livecode-server && \
    a2enmod actions && a2enmod cgi

COPY livecode/tsNet-x64.so /usr/local/livecode/externals/tsNet-x64.so

ENV APACHE_RUN_USER www-data
ENV APACHE_RUN_GROUP www-data
ENV APACHE_LOG_DIR /var/log/apache2
ENV APACHE_RUN_DIR=/var/run/apache2

ENTRYPOINT ["/usr/sbin/apache2"]
CMD ["-D", "FOREGROUND"]

The apache2.conf file that gets copied in simply sets up the livecode-server binary to handle .lc files - which I am guessing you are already familiar with.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Charles

> Regards,
>
> Matthias
>>
>>> On 25. Jun 2018, at 22:01, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have it working with LC Server 9 on an Ubuntu 16.04 64bit but only tested
>>> on localhost. But if I remember correctly there are a couple of people
>>> using tsnet with LC server on an actual server (Ralf maybe??)

Re: What exactly does the status pending in Livecode Quality Control Center mean

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Hi Charles,

> On 27. Jun 2018, at 08:44, Charles Warwick via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Are you referring to asynchronous functions that are only available in the business edition?  These will fail due to the same issue as tsNetGet and tsNetSendCmd, so no need to file a separate bug report for these.

sorry for my vague comment. Yes, indeed I am
referring to the asynchronous functions implemented
in the business version.

> Unfortunately, I need to find some time to look into the LC server implementation on platforms other than Linux before they will be viable for use with tsNet.

Think this subject I mentioned for the sake of completeness
is something you can set aside. I would be happy if the
features advertised would work at least on LC server for Linux.

Ralf

Re: What exactly does the status pending in Livecode Quality Control Center mean

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Hi Matthias,

> On 26. Jun 2018, at 23:57, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hm, On-Rev support told me that  GLIBC 2.1.4 is needed to run Livecode Server 9 64bit on On-Rev. The 32bit version is working on On-Rev with the older one.
> They did not mention that this library is also needed to get the 32bit tsNET external  running with Livecode server 32 bit on On-Rev.

even my 32 bit LC 9 version installation fails on Diesel, at least
the business flavour fails with error:
“error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”

Ralf

Re: What exactly does the status pending in Livecode Quality Control Center mean

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
@Ralf,

I see the same error when trying to install LC 9 32 bit on Sage.

However the exact same setup is successful on Tio.

So I guess some of the on-rev servers do have this library, while others
don't. I will ask Robin about this.

Best,
Panos
--

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 12:08 PM, Ralf Bitter via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Matthias,
>
> > On 26. Jun 2018, at 23:57, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hm, On-Rev support told me that  GLIBC 2.1.4 is needed to run Livecode
> Server 9 64bit on On-Rev. The 32bit version is working on On-Rev with the
> older one.
> > They did not mention that this library is also needed to get the 32bit
> tsNET external  running with Livecode server 32 bit on On-Rev.
>

> even my 32 bit LC 9 version installation fails on Diesel, at least
> the business flavour fails with error:
> “error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory”
>

> Ralf

Re: What exactly does the status pending in Livecode Quality Control Center mean

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Hi all,

This problem happened because some on-rev servers (Jasmine, Sage and
Diesel) had only the 64 bit version of this library, while others (e.g.
Tio) had both the 32 and 64 bit version.

Robin has identified and fixed the problem, so the 32bit version of LC
Server 9 now does work on all on-rev servers.

Best,
Panos
--

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 12:15 PM, panagiotis merakos <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> @Ralf,
>
> I see the same error when trying to install LC 9 32 bit on Sage.
>
> However the exact same setup is successful on Tio.
>
> So I guess some of the on-rev servers do have this library, while others
> don't. I will ask Robin about this.
>
> Best,
> Panos
> --
>
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 12:08 PM, Ralf Bitter via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Matthias,
>>
>> > On 26. Jun 2018, at 23:57, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hm, On-Rev support told me that  GLIBC 2.1.4 is needed to run Livecode
>> Server 9 64bit on On-Rev. The 32bit version is working on On-Rev with the
>> older one.
>> > They did not mention that this library is also needed to get the 32bit
>> tsNET external  running with Livecode server 32 bit on On-Rev.
>>

>> even my 32 bit LC 9 version installation fails on Diesel, at least
>> the business flavour fails with error:
>> “error while loading shared libraries: libfontconfig.so.1: cannot open
>> shared object file: No such file or directory”
>>

>> Ralf

Re: What exactly does the status pending in Livecode Quality Control Center mean

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Panos, thanks a lot.

Ralf