What's Happening with TactileMedia?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Scott's web site is offline.

Is he ok?

Via mobile phone

Re: What's Happening with TactileMedia?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Seems he changed his domain name
tactilemedia.com <http://tactilemedia.com/> redirects to http://scottrossi.design/index.html <http://scottrossi.design/index.html> without problem here

Matthias Rebbe
+49 5741 310000
‌matthiasrebbe.eu <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/>‌

> Am 24.08.2017 um 20:21 schrieb Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Scott's web site is offline.
>
> Is he ok?
>
> Via mobile phone

Re: What's Happening with TactileMedia?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
OK great.. found it.

but I guess we get  his TMControls2 on the LC site.

It seems he just redirected the 1st page. The forum is still available at http://www.tactilemedia.com/forums/categories/tmcontrol-dev <http://www.tactilemedia.com/forums/categories/tmcontrol-dev>

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:

 > Scott's web site is offline.

Raney, Rossi, McDonald, or someone else?

I just wrote:
> Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
>
>  > Scott's web site is offline.
>
> Raney, Rossi, McDonald, or someone else?

D'oh! Apologies: of course the subject line makes it clear.

FWIW tactilemedia.com seems to work for me with deep links, but going to
the domain by itself redirects to scottrossi.design

Re: What's Happening with TactileMedia?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
I can only dream that they would bring Scott into the folds of the LiveCode
and make his amazing visual interface components part of the base package.
It would be win/win for everybody!

SKIP

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 3:30 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami wrote:
>
> > Scott's web site is offline.
>
> Raney, Rossi, McDonald, or someone else?
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Fourth World Systems

Re: What's Happening with TactileMedia?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Great Idea!!

Roger

> On Aug 24, 2017, at 1:35 PM, Skip Kimpel via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I can only dream that they would bring Scott into the folds of the LiveCode
> and make his amazing visual interface components part of the base package.
> It would be win/win for everybody!

Re: What's Happening with TactileMedia?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
There are a bunch of us that keep bugging Scott about doing two things:
1) OSS'ing tmc (but the source is unlocked, so if you pay or it, you get
the source, anyway, and it's pretty easy to read) or
2) Making tmc3.  The problem with this is that until components and widgets
settle down, there is a good chance that any work done on them will have to
be redone.

Re: What's Happening with TactileMedia?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
And I'm guessing that we all just caught the DNS changeover - earlier, if I
went to tactilemedia.com, it came back empty, but now it redirects
correctly.

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Mike Kerner <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> There are a bunch of us that keep bugging Scott about doing two things:
> 1) OSS'ing tmc (but the source is unlocked, so if you pay or it, you get
> the source, anyway, and it's pretty easy to read) or
> 2) Making tmc3.  The problem with this is that until components and
> widgets settle down, there is a good chance that any work done on them will
> have to be redone.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

On 8/24/17 3:10 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
> And I'm guessing that we all just caught the DNS changeover - earlier, if I
> went to tactilemedia.com, it came back empty, but now it redirects
> correctly.

If he's on DreamHost (and I think he may be) they had a DDoS attack that
lasted a couple of hours. One of my client's site was unreachable right
before a big demo was about to begin. Figures.

They're pretty much back online now.