When did 'throw' stop being handled properly in the IDE?

When did 'throw' stop being handled properly in the IDE?

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
When I was a lad, you could use throw with abandon. In the IDE, if you didn't
catch it, the IDE opened the debugger at the appropriate level, and threw up a
polite dialog explaining:
        The following user thrown error was
        generated and not handled, so it was
        intercepted by LiveCode

Now - in 8.1.9 and 9.0.0 rc1, instead it goes into the debugger, then simply
halts. So you've lost the ability to inspect variables etc, you may not even
know what the error was that was thrown - and in fact nothing explicitly tells
you that the reason you are looking at your script is that there was an error
thrown.

If you've gone to make a cup of tea while your script was running, you may not
remember whether you'd left the script window open, and may not realise that
your script didn't complete... err, according to a friend who this might have
happened to.

I'm not sure when this happened. I presume it's a bug. But it's evidently been
happening for a while, and nobody else seems to have QCC'd it, so I wanted to
check first. Do other people see this?

TIA

Ben