Which code signing authority?

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Which code signing authority do you guys suggest using?

That comes with the apple developer account - but what about for pc and android?

I would prefer to avoid spending $600 on a certificate if possible, but I don't know how well-accepted the less expensive certificates are.

Sent from my iPhone

AW: Which code signing authority?

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
I am working with comodo:
https://www.comodo.com/e-commerce/code-signing/code-signing-certificate.php?
s_track=7639
Good experience, but no comparison to others
Tiemo

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Re: Which code signing authority?

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
K Software is a strategic Commodo partner and sells their certificates
They even offer  a free signing tool which makes signing Windows programs/dlls very easy.

http://codesigning.ksoftware.net <http://codesigning.ksoftware.net/>

And they are selling the Commodo certificates much cheaper than Commodo.
1y / $84
2y / $159
3y / $209
4y / $268

Regards,
Matthias

> Am 20.04.2017 um 14:47 schrieb Jonathan Lynch via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Which code signing authority do you guys suggest using?
>
> That comes with the apple developer account - but what about for pc and android?
>
> I would prefer to avoid spending $600 on a certificate if possible, but I don't know how well-accepted the less expensive certificates are.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Re: AW: Which code signing authority?

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Have you ever had any problems with your certificate being accepted? Comodo seems very affordable.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 20, 2017, at 9:00 AM, Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am working with comodo:
> https://www.comodo.com/e-commerce/code-signing/code-signing-certificate.php?
> s_track=7639
> Good experience, but no comparison to others
> Tiemo
>

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

tbodine
I've been using K Software's Comodo certs to sign Windows standalones and installers for at least five years. The support provided by the owner of K Software is quite good. (Example: http://certhelp.ksoftware.net/support/home )

Tom B.

Re: AW: Which code signing authority?

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
I will check them out.

Maybe LiveCode could become a Comodo cert distributor? That would be a nice plus and a little extra revenue for them.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 21, 2017, at 9:17 AM, tbodine via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've been using K Software's Comodo certs to sign Windows standalones and
> installers for at least five years. The support provided by the owner of K
> Software is quite good. (Example: http://certhelp.ksoftware.net/support/home
> )
>
> Tom B.

RE: AW: Which code signing authority?

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Second that !

I've been using K Software's Comodo certs to sign Windows standalones and
installers for at least five years. The support provided by the owner of K
Software is quite good. (Example: http://certhelp.ksoftware.net/support/home
)

Tom B.

---