Windows 10 Screen resolution problem

I posted the following year but never received a solution:

An user reported seeing a screen resolution dialog in one of my programs that requests a screen resolution of 1024x768 be used. The problem is that  the user reportedly is using a screen resolution of 1920x1080.   She is using Windows 10.

I am using LC 6.1.2 and use the following code in my app stack:

on checkForScreenSize

   IF the platform is "win32"
   then
      if item 3 of the screenRect < 1024 or item 4 of the screenRect < 768 then
         answer error "The Assistant software requires a minimum 1024x768 screen resolution. Please check your Control Panel." with "OK"
         quit

   if the platform = "MacOS"
   then
      if item 3 of the screenRect < 1024 or item 4 of the screenRect < 768 then
         answer error "The Assistant software requires a minimum 1024x768 screen resolution. Please check your Display Preferences." with "OK"
         quit

end checkForScreenSize

Has anybody encountered this problem with Windows 10?

Sent from my iPad

Re: Windows 10 Screen resolution problem

tbodine
Hi,

I tested your script on a Win10 Pro PC, primary screen size of 1920 x 1080, and the Resolution warning message did not fire. Tested in LC 7.1.4.

Could it be your user has dual screens and the one the program opens on is set below your resolution threshold?

Tom

Re: Windows 10 Screen resolution problem

Tom,

Thanks for your suggestion!  No, she has a laptop.  No dual monitors.  I think the program is Microsoft's Clear Fonts that the user can set.

Sent from my iPhone