Windows 10 and Me.

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Not, sadly, a peon of praise for Microsoft's "latest and greatest".

Nor is it the start of a saucy porn novel.

So, a boy running LEGAL Windows 10 (this IS unusual in Bulgaria) tried
to install
LiveCode 8.1.10 on his machine.

He got bogged down, so I went round to his house and tried the following:

To install LC 8.1.9, 8.1.10 and 9.0.1 on his machine, in all 3 cases in
all 3 ways (For all, for me, fancy-pants-custom).

In ALL cases they installed.

In ALL cases they loaded with the splash screen, and then: NO revMenuBar
and NO revTools:
pressing CTRL-M did NOT bring up the Message Box.

[I ended up doing something "totally 'forked' ": installed VirtualBox
with MX Linux inside and then installed LiveCode for Linux 64 bit in the
virtual machine: kept the boy happy: but NOT me.

Spoke to his Mum about the problem, and she told me I was free, anytime
I wanted to pop back and bung caches and so forth onto a flash-drive so
I could post them to LiveCode central.

An odd sort of day, with darkening clouds on the horizon with a promise
of rain.

Richmon.

Re: Windows 10 and Me.

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Did you remove all the preference file first before trying to install the
other versions?

The original install by the boy may have resulted in a corrupted preferences
file?

-----
Andy Piddock

TinyIDE  a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode

Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder.
http://www.pointandsee.co.uk  - made with LiveCode

Re: Windows 10 and Me.

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Ah; there's a thought.

Can you tell me where I would find that Prefs file?

Richmond.

On 16.09.2018 15:57, AndyP via use-livecode wrote:

> Did you remove all the preference file first before trying to install the
> other versions?
>
> The original install by the boy may have resulted in a corrupted preferences
> file?
>

> -----
> Andy Piddock
>

> My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
>
> TinyIDE  a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode
>

> Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk
>
> PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder.
> http://www.pointandsee.co.uk  - made with LiveCode
> --
> Sent from: http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/Revolution-User-f278306.html

Re: Windows 10 and Me.

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Should be in

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\RunRev\Preferences

-----