Windows Registry Again

Michael D.-2
Hello,
Anyone help with this idea as how to find a value below a RootPath in
the registry ? For example I'm attempting to pull all the network card
info put into a temp file sift through it looking for a setting, then if
setting is run the app if setting is not do not run app.
I'm trying this but since the rootpath is empty i get of course empty,

put queryregistry("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlset\Services
\Tcpip\Parameters") into tpCheck

Thanks
Michaeld

RE: Windows Registry Again

MisterX
Hi Michael

Just type "echo %SystemRoot%" in the command line or the shell.

other values are available if you just type "set"

cheers
Xavier

RE: Windows Registry Again

Michael D.-2
Hey thanks for the reply
 I guess rootpath was the wrong wording to use.
What I'm looking for are the network cards and values under this
registry heading, "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlset\Services
\Tcpip\Parameters" and put into a .dat file to query. Some systems have
2 cards or more so I cannot get just the values I'm looking for from
just one card.
I'm not sure what to place after Parameters to include below
Parameters ? I get blank with this.

On Sat, 2005-07-30 at 16:33 +0200, MisterX wrote:

> Hi Michael
>
> Just type "echo %SystemRoot%" in the command line or the shell.
>
> other values are available if you just type "set"
>
> cheers
> Xavier

Re: Windows Registry Again

Ken Ray
On 7/30/05 4:01 PM, "Michael" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey thanks for the reply
>  I guess rootpath was the wrong wording to use.
> What I'm looking for are the network cards and values under this
> registry heading, "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlset\Services
> \Tcpip\Parameters" and put into a .dat file to query. Some systems have
> 2 cards or more so I cannot get just the values I'm looking for from
> just one card.
> I'm not sure what to place after Parameters to include below
> Parameters ? I get blank with this.
> put queryregistry("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlset\Services
> \Tcpip\Parameters") into tpCheck

You could use the command line "regedit /E <pathToFile> <registryKeyPath>"
to output the key and its subkeys to a file, and you can then parse through
that file. Support for this command goes way back (at least to Win98
(verifiied) or Win95 (not verified).

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: [hidden email]

Re: Windows Registry Again

Michael D.-2
Hi Ken
Thats true that would work, I was hoping to let Rev do the work without
running an extra shell executable. I can't seem to figure a switch to add to
the end of query to get that info into tpCheck since everything I need to
get is below \Parameters.
put
queryregistry("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlset\Services\Tcpip\Pa
rameters") into tpCheck

Michael

> On 7/30/05 4:01 PM, "Michael" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hey thanks for the reply
> >  I guess rootpath was the wrong wording to use.
> > What I'm looking for are the network cards and values under this
> > registry heading, "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlset\Services
> > \Tcpip\Parameters" and put into a .dat file to query. Some systems have
> > 2 cards or more so I cannot get just the values I'm looking for from
> > just one card.
> > I'm not sure what to place after Parameters to include below
> > Parameters ? I get blank with this.
> > put queryregistry("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlset\Services
> > \Tcpip\Parameters") into tpCheck
>
> You could use the command line "regedit /E <pathToFile> <registryKeyPath>"
> to output the key and its subkeys to a file, and you can then parse
through

> that file. Support for this command goes way back (at least to Win98
> (verifiied) or Win95 (not verified).
>
> HTH,
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software
> Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
> Email: [hidden email]

Re: Windows Registry Again

Ken Ray
On 7/30/05 7:32 PM, "Mike" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Ken
> Thats true that would work, I was hoping to let Rev do the work without
> running an extra shell executable. I can't seem to figure a switch to add to
> the end of query to get that info into tpCheck since everything I need to
> get is below \Parameters.

There's no switch to figure out, unfortunately. You need to know the
specific key you want, or you can get the (Default) key by passing the path
with a trailing "\". That's it... Rev doesn't have a built in way to get a
list of the keys that existing inside another key. Hence the shell
executable...