WooCommerce API Manager & Livecode

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Hi,

Has anyone integrated WooCommerce API Manager into Livecode?

I have a WooCommerce/WordPress website using WooCommerce Subscriptions. I want to use issued serial keys from API Manager to activate my application and then later have my application verify subscription currency when the app opens.

I need to implement direct communication between WooCommerce and my application. I see that there is PHP and JSON involved. Some hints about how to get going with this would be great!

Earlier, on this list, I was looking for help with a product call SoftwareShield, but that product appears to be so obscure that no one seems to have any knowledge of it, I’m switching to a WooCommerce plugin for the time being.

Peter Bogdanoff
ArtsInteractive

Re: WooCommerce API Manager & Livecode

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Woocommerce works awesome ..its a safe and sound decision.  I almost did
all that work, but the project did not go ahead.

I checked out your website and i am quite interested in what you are
building.

Can I send you a PM about your project?

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 3:09 PM, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone integrated WooCommerce API Manager into Livecode?
>
> I have a WooCommerce/WordPress website using WooCommerce Subscriptions. I
> want to use issued serial keys from API Manager to activate my application
> and then later have my application verify subscription currency when the
> app opens.
>
> I need to implement direct communication between WooCommerce and my
> application. I see that there is PHP and JSON involved. Some hints about
> how to get going with this would be great!
>
> Earlier, on this list, I was looking for help with a product call
> SoftwareShield, but that product appears to be so obscure that no one seems
> to have any knowledge of it, I’m switching to a WooCommerce plugin for the
> time being.
>
> Peter Bogdanoff
> ArtsInteractive

Re: WooCommerce API Manager & Livecode

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Yes, of course.

[hidden email]

Peter

> On Jun 30, 2018, at 12:23 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Woocommerce works awesome ..its a safe and sound decision.  I almost did
> all that work, but the project did not go ahead.
>
> I checked out your website and i am quite interested in what you are
> building.
>
> Can I send you a PM about your project?
>

> On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 3:09 PM, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anyone integrated WooCommerce API Manager into Livecode?
>>
>> I have a WooCommerce/WordPress website using WooCommerce Subscriptions. I
>> want to use issued serial keys from API Manager to activate my application
>> and then later have my application verify subscription currency when the
>> app opens.
>>
>> I need to implement direct communication between WooCommerce and my
>> application. I see that there is PHP and JSON involved. Some hints about
>> how to get going with this would be great!
>>
>> Earlier, on this list, I was looking for help with a product call
>> SoftwareShield, but that product appears to be so obscure that no one seems
>> to have any knowledge of it, I’m switching to a WooCommerce plugin for the
>> time being.
>>
>> Peter Bogdanoff
>> ArtsInteractive

Re: WooCommerce API Manager & Livecode

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
ok i did.....wanted to pass this along too....

https://wordpress.org/plugins/software-license-manager/

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 3:52 PM, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, of course.
>
> [hidden email]
>
> Peter
>

> > On Jun 30, 2018, at 12:23 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Woocommerce works awesome ..its a safe and sound decision.  I almost did
> > all that work, but the project did not go ahead.
> >
> > I checked out your website and i am quite interested in what you are
> > building.
> >
> > Can I send you a PM about your project?
> >

> > On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 3:09 PM, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Has anyone integrated WooCommerce API Manager into Livecode?
> >>
> >> I have a WooCommerce/WordPress website using WooCommerce Subscriptions.
> >> want to use issued serial keys from API Manager to activate my
> application
> >> and then later have my application verify subscription currency when the
> >> app opens.
> >>
> >> I need to implement direct communication between WooCommerce and my
> >> application. I see that there is PHP and JSON involved. Some hints about
> >> how to get going with this would be great!
> >>
> >> Earlier, on this list, I was looking for help with a product call
> >> SoftwareShield, but that product appears to be so obscure that no one
> seems
> >> to have any knowledge of it, I’m switching to a WooCommerce plugin for
> the
> >> time being.
> >>
> >> Peter Bogdanoff
> >> ArtsInteractive

Re: WooCommerce API Manager & Livecode

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Hello Peter,

Yes, Digital Pomegranate created an interfaced with WooCommerce several
times via the WP RestAPI.

Here is the documentation:
https://woocommerce.github.io/woocommerce-rest-api-docs/

You can get the LiveCode-WP RestAPI script here:
https://github.com/digitalpomegranate/livecode-wp-restapi

Just be aware you are going to need a WP OAuth plugin to connect. Before
Woo had their own API, but they now fully support the standard API.

Email if you have any questions. I am traveling this week, so give me a day
or two to respond.

--Todd

Re: WooCommerce API Manager & Livecode

Mike Kerner via use-livecode