WordPress REST API's

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Hi All,

Trying to get an update on the WordPress REST API’s… Was this coming in with LiveCode Connect? or something else?

Also, does anyone have any experience successfully using Digital Pomegranates’s WPRestAPI? I am unsure of the authentication used and nothing seems to work.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve MacLean

Re: WordPress REST API's

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Hey. You can find it on github. DP use it for their work. So it works....I
was planning on using it on a project, but it fell through so I haven't
needed it yet.

https://github.com/digitalpomegranate/livecode-wp-restapi

This is a well written library.

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 3:56 PM, Stephen MacLean via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Trying to get an update on the WordPress REST API’s… Was this coming in
> with LiveCode Connect? or something else?
>
> Also, does anyone have any experience successfully using Digital
> Pomegranates’s WPRestAPI? I am unsure of the authentication used and
> nothing seems to work.
>
> Any help is appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve MacLean

Re: WordPress REST API's

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
HI Todd,

Thanks, I have it and am trying to use it.

Looks like I need an oAuth plug-in for wordpress that allows user credentials as I am running a self hosted site.

The one I’ve found so far that finally is giving me results is WP OAuth Server… but to get the user credentials, you need the paid version.

Still wondering if this was in the LC Connect stuff that I contributed awhile back;)

Best,

Steve

> On Jun 20, 2018, at 4:32 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey. You can find it on github. DP use it for their work. So it works....I
> was planning on using it on a project, but it fell through so I haven't
> needed it yet.
>
> https://github.com/digitalpomegranate/livecode-wp-restapi
>
> This is a well written library.
>
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 3:56 PM, Stephen MacLean via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Trying to get an update on the WordPress REST API’s… Was this coming in
>> with LiveCode Connect? or something else?
>>
>> Also, does anyone have any experience successfully using Digital
>> Pomegranates’s WPRestAPI? I am unsure of the authentication used and
>> nothing seems to work.
>>
>> Any help is appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Steve MacLean

Re: WordPress REST API's

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Hmmm...maybe Todd can chime in on this ....I asked him a a few months back
if it was good and safe to use in production...he said absolutely...so i
kinda passed that on.

Todd reads the mailing list, but he is super busy..... if its critical.....
then maybe try to reach out directly and ask.  He is really good at
responding to private messages even while busy.

Best of luck Steve.

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 4:44 PM, Stephen MacLean via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI Todd,
>
> Thanks, I have it and am trying to use it.
>
> Looks like I need an oAuth plug-in for wordpress that allows user
> credentials as I am running a self hosted site.
>
> The one I’ve found so far that finally is giving me results is WP OAuth
> Server… but to get the user credentials, you need the paid version.
>
> Still wondering if this was in the LC Connect stuff that I contributed
> awhile back;)
>
> Best,
>
> Steve
>
> > On Jun 20, 2018, at 4:32 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hey. You can find it on github. DP use it for their work. So it
> works....I
> > was planning on using it on a project, but it fell through so I haven't
> > needed it yet.
> >
> > https://github.com/digitalpomegranate/livecode-wp-restapi
> >
> > This is a well written library.
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 3:56 PM, Stephen MacLean via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> Trying to get an update on the WordPress REST API’s… Was this coming in
> >> with LiveCode Connect? or something else?
> >>
> >> Also, does anyone have any experience successfully using Digital
> >> Pomegranates’s WPRestAPI? I am unsure of the authentication used and
> >> nothing seems to work.
> >>
> >> Any help is appreciated!
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Steve MacLean

Re: WordPress REST API's

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Thanks Tom, appreciate the input!

Best,

Steve

> On Jun 20, 2018, at 4:51 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hmmm...maybe Todd can chime in on this ....I asked him a a few months back
> if it was good and safe to use in production...he said absolutely...so i
> kinda passed that on.
>
> Todd reads the mailing list, but he is super busy..... if its critical.....
> then maybe try to reach out directly and ask.  He is really good at
> responding to private messages even while busy.
>
> Best of luck Steve.
>
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 4:44 PM, Stephen MacLean via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> HI Todd,
>>
>> Thanks, I have it and am trying to use it.
>>
>> Looks like I need an oAuth plug-in for wordpress that allows user
>> credentials as I am running a self hosted site.
>>
>> The one I’ve found so far that finally is giving me results is WP OAuth
>> Server… but to get the user credentials, you need the paid version.
>>
>> Still wondering if this was in the LC Connect stuff that I contributed
>> awhile back;)
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Steve
>>
>>> On Jun 20, 2018, at 4:32 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey. You can find it on github. DP use it for their work. So it
>> works....I
>>> was planning on using it on a project, but it fell through so I haven't
>>> needed it yet.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/digitalpomegranate/livecode-wp-restapi
>>>
>>> This is a well written library.

Re: WordPress REST API's

Niggemann, Bernd via use-livecode
Hi Stephen

Depending on what you are wanting to do, the WordPress API also supports
Application Passwords (https://wordpress.org/plugins/application-passwords/)
Basic Authentication (https://github.com/WP-API/Basic-Auth) and JSON web
tokens (https://wordpress.org/plugins/jwt-authentication-for-wp-rest-api/)
which maybe a bit easier to work with - depending of course on your needs.

Simon

Carpe diem

*Simon Smith*
m. +27 83 306 7862