WordPress REST API's

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
> Hmmm...maybe Todd can chime in on this ....I asked him a a few months back
> if it was good and safe to use in production...he said absolutely...so i
> kinda passed that on.

Yes, sorry I was a speaking at a conference. Hi Steve, I am happy to help.
There are several ways to connect to the WP REST API. UN/PW is one and
OAuth is another. You will need to add a plugin to WP to use the OAuth. I
will ask the team and get that for you.

From version 4.7, the REST API ver2.0 is supported inside WP. You will need
to activate and allow it. I suggest checking the documentation first:
https://developer.wordpress.org/rest-api/

What you can also do is use postman to validate that everything is working
and your server is good to go. This way you can know if it is a server
issue or the connection issue from LC.

Our code supports ver 2.0 so it should not be an issue, and we have sites
that use it. Honestly, we switched to (Node.JS + Anguar) for most web
development, so we will not be using WP going forward, but we are happy to
help. You can email me directly [hidden email] and I will try to help
you.

--Todd

Re: WordPress REST API's

Monte Goulding via use-livecode
Hi Todd,

Thanks for the input… I was able to get it working, as you said, you need an oAuth plugin which I got and am able to connect fine.

Didn’t know about postman and will check that out.

 I’ve had good success with the library, just some minor tweaks… working good.

Will have to check out Node.JS + Angular. For now, we have to use WP to get out the door. Going forward later on, could be an option.

I’ll be in touch.

Best,

Steve MacLean