Writing to SMB Share?

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
Hi folks,

Is it possible to write to an SMB share which requires User authentication from within liveCode (Domain/User/password)? If so, I am glad for any pointers!

Cheers,

Malte

Re: Writing to SMB Share?

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
From which OS do you want to connect?

From Linux you could include the username and password in the UNC.
smb://username:passwort@servername/folder” <smb://username:passwort@servername/ordner%E2%80%9D.>

But i am not sure, if this works when working in a domain structure.

Regards
Matthias

> Am 10.08.2018 um 13:54 schrieb Malte Pfaff-Brill via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> Is it possible to write to an SMB share which requires User authentication from within liveCode (Domain/User/password)? If so, I am glad for any pointers!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Malte

Re: Writing to SMB Share?

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
That should work for any SMB connection that accepts UNC paths, regardless of OS. The downside of course is that the password is exposed in the script or in some stored property. A domain environment would assume the user is a domain user and authenticate against LDAP.

Bob S