XCode 11 requirements

Brian Milby via use-livecode
In LC 9.6 (dp 1) I get a warning that I can't use XCode 11 (which isn't
installed yet anyway) unless I update to Mac OS 10.14.3. My Mac is up to
date as far as I know and there is no OS 10.14.3 available in the Mac
App Store. I can't update to Catalina until some of my critical software
becomes compatible.

Is there a way to use XCode 10.1 in Mojave with LC 9.6?

Re: XCode 11 requirements

Brian Milby via use-livecode
That's odd as my Mac Mini is running on MacOS 10.14.6; and as far
as I remember it passed through 10.14.3 to get there.

Richmond.

On 5.12.19 21:35, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> In LC 9.6 (dp 1) I get a warning that I can't use XCode 11 (which
> isn't installed yet anyway) unless I update to Mac OS 10.14.3. My Mac
> is up to date as far as I know and there is no OS 10.14.3 available in
> the Mac App Store. I can't update to Catalina until some of my
> critical software becomes compatible.
>
> Is there a way to use XCode 10.1 in Mojave with LC 9.6?

Re: XCode 11 requirements

Brian Milby via use-livecode
If your Mac runs Mojave and is up to date then you should have 10.14.6 already installed.
If you still have a lower Mojave version installed then you could find the updates for the 10.14.x among the updates for older and news os here

https://support.apple.com/downloads/macos <https://support.apple.com/downloads/macos>

Btw the update from 10.14.2 to 10.14.3 can be found here https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1991?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US <https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1991?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US>

Matthias Rebbe

free tools for Livecoders:
InstaMaker <https://instamaker.dermattes.de/>
WinSignMaker Mac <https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de/>

> Am 05.12.2019 um 20:35 schrieb J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> In LC 9.6 (dp 1) I get a warning that I can't use XCode 11 (which isn't installed yet anyway) unless I update to Mac OS 10.14.3. My Mac is up to date as far as I know and there is no OS 10.14.3 available in the Mac App Store. I can't update to Catalina until some of my critical software becomes compatible.
>
> Is there a way to use XCode 10.1 in Mojave with LC 9.6?
> --
> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com <http://www.hyperactivesw.com/>

Re: XCode 11 requirements

Brian Milby via use-livecode
Thanks, I've downloaded the combo update to get me caught up. The odd
thing is that I never received any notifications that OS X updates were
available, and apparently I missed six of them. They weren't in the Mac
App Store either when I checked.

On 12/5/19 2:27 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote:

> If your Mac runs Mojave and is up to date then you should have 10.14.6 already installed.
> If you still have a lower Mojave version installed then you could find the updates for the 10.14.x among the updates for older and news os here
>
> https://support.apple.com/downloads/macos <https://support.apple.com/downloads/macos>
>
> Btw the update from 10.14.2 to 10.14.3 can be found here https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1991?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US <https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1991?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US>
>

> Matthias Rebbe
>
> free tools for Livecoders:
> InstaMaker <https://instamaker.dermattes.de/>
> WinSignMaker Mac <https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de/>
>
>> Am 05.12.2019 um 20:35 schrieb J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>
>> In LC 9.6 (dp 1) I get a warning that I can't use XCode 11 (which isn't installed yet anyway) unless I update to Mac OS 10.14.3. My Mac is up to date as far as I know and there is no OS 10.14.3 available in the Mac App Store. I can't update to Catalina until some of my critical software becomes compatible.
>>
>> Is there a way to use XCode 10.1 in Mojave with LC 9.6?
>> --
>> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com <http://www.hyperactivesw.com/>

Re: XCode 11 requirements

Brian Milby via use-livecode
There is a Software-Update icon  in System Preferences, which should at least show up all available updates. There you can also setup if you want to search automatically for updates,  load them when available, automatically install them and so on. Maybe the option to automatically search for updates is not enabled.

Matthias Rebbe

free tools for Livecoders:
InstaMaker <https://instamaker.dermattes.de/>
WinSignMaker Mac <https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de/>

> Am 06.12.2019 um 06:17 schrieb J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Thanks, I've downloaded the combo update to get me caught up. The odd thing is that I never received any notifications that OS X updates were available, and apparently I missed six of them. They weren't in the Mac App Store either when I checked.
>
> On 12/5/19 2:27 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
>> If your Mac runs Mojave and is up to date then you should have 10.14.6 already installed.
>> If you still have a lower Mojave version installed then you could find the updates for the 10.14.x among the updates for older and news os here
>> https://support.apple.com/downloads/macos <https://support.apple.com/downloads/macos> <https://support.apple.com/downloads/macos <https://support.apple.com/downloads/macos>>
>> Btw the update from 10.14.2 to 10.14.3 can be found here https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1991?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US <https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1991?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US> <https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1991?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US <https://support.apple.com/kb/DL1991?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US>>
>> Matthias Rebbe
>> free tools for Livecoders:
>> InstaMaker <https://instamaker.dermattes.de/ <https://instamaker.dermattes.de/>>
>> WinSignMaker Mac <https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de/ <https://winsignhelper.dermattes.de/>>
>>> Am 05.12.2019 um 20:35 schrieb J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>>:
>>>
>>> In LC 9.6 (dp 1) I get a warning that I can't use XCode 11 (which isn't installed yet anyway) unless I update to Mac OS 10.14.3. My Mac is up to date as far as I know and there is no OS 10.14.3 available in the Mac App Store. I can't update to Catalina until some of my critical software becomes compatible.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to use XCode 10.1 in Mojave with LC 9.6?
>>> --
>>> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> <mailto:[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>>> HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com <http://www.hyperactivesw.com/> <http://www.hyperactivesw.com/ <http://www.hyperactivesw.com/>>

> Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com <http://www.hyperactivesw.com/>

Re: XCode 11 requirements

Brian Milby via use-livecode
Check for updates was selected but I rarely look at that pane in the
system settings. So maybe that's why I missed it.