YouTube video synchronisation

Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
Hi,

Along the lines of the other conversation about sync of sound and vision:

Is there a way when I've loaded a YouTube page in the browser widget to capture the current time from the YouTube page video player (".html5-video-player”) as it plays?

Peter Bogdanoff
ArtsInteractive

Re: YouTube video synchronisation

Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
perhaps by using the youtube api in some way

https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3

Op 14-2-2020 om 06:39 schreef Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode:

> Hi,
>
> Along the lines of the other conversation about sync of sound and vision:
>
> Is there a way when I've loaded a YouTube page in the browser widget to capture the current time from the YouTube page video player (".html5-video-player”) as it plays?
>
> Peter Bogdanoff
> ArtsInteractive

Re: YouTube video synchronisation

Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
Thanks, I looked at the APIs there, but I’m not seeing anything appropriate.

Peter

> On Feb 15, 2020, at 9:35 AM, JJS via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> perhaps by using the youtube api in some way
>
> https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3
>

> Op 14-2-2020 om 06:39 schreef Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Along the lines of the other conversation about sync of sound and vision:
>>
>> Is there a way when I've loaded a YouTube page in the browser widget to capture the current time from the YouTube page video player (".html5-video-player”) as it plays?
>>
>> Peter Bogdanoff
>> ArtsInteractive

Re: YouTube video synchronisation

Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
No, I’m wrong, I DO see very useful functions in the IFrame Player API page like these:

player.getCurrentTime():Number
player.getDuration():Number
player.getPlayerState():Number
player.getVideoUrl():String
https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters <https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters>

Also parameters such as:

start This parameter causes the player to begin playing the video at the given number of seconds from the start of the video.
https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters <https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters>

I’ll try this out!

Peter Bogdanoff
ArtsInteractive

> On Feb 15, 2020, at 11:19 AM, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, I looked at the APIs there, but I’m not seeing anything appropriate.
>
> Peter
>

>> On Feb 15, 2020, at 9:35 AM, JJS via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> perhaps by using the youtube api in some way
>>
>> https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3
>>

>> Op 14-2-2020 om 06:39 schreef Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Along the lines of the other conversation about sync of sound and vision:
>>>
>>> Is there a way when I've loaded a YouTube page in the browser widget to capture the current time from the YouTube page video player (".html5-video-player”) as it plays?
>>>
>>> Peter Bogdanoff
>>> ArtsInteractive

Re: YouTube video synchronisation

Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
Hopefully it will help you.

I did not work with thes yet, but i remembered there were some commands
when i was checking the API out some time ago because of some bug which
seems not to happen as of Android 8.

In Android when user pushes the Power button, a Youtube movie should
stop and sound should stop. This was not the case with an Android lower
than 8 and thus Google refused the app, until i increased the target.
There is a bug report for it.

But i guess yours is for desktop.

Op 15-2-2020 om 17:47 schreef Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode:

> No, I’m wrong, I DO see very useful functions in the IFrame Player API page like these:
>
> player.getCurrentTime():Number
> player.getDuration():Number
> player.getPlayerState():Number
> player.getVideoUrl():String
> https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters <https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters>
>
> Also parameters such as:
>
> start This parameter causes the player to begin playing the video at the given number of seconds from the start of the video.
> https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters <https://developers.google.com/youtube/player_parameters>
>
> I’ll try this out!
>
> Peter Bogdanoff
> ArtsInteractive
>

>> On Feb 15, 2020, at 11:19 AM, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, I looked at the APIs there, but I’m not seeing anything appropriate.
>>
>> Peter
>>

>>> On Feb 15, 2020, at 9:35 AM, JJS via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> perhaps by using the youtube api in some way
>>>
>>> https://developers.google.com/youtube/v3

Re: YouTube video synchronisation

Paul Dupuis via use-livecode
Yes, that is right.