[a bit OT] Apple Store

Richmond Mathewson-2
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36486556

RE: [a bit OT] Apple Store

John Dixon

Yes... that article put a smile on my face when reading it over breakfast this morning...:-)

> To: [hidden email]
> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: [a bit OT] Apple Store
> Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 09:13:24 +0300
>
> http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36486556
>
> Richmond.

RE: [a bit OT] Apple Store

Dave Kilroy
The thing I’m currently most interested in is that the time Apple takes to review your product has fallen from more than a week to a day or less :)

> Yes... that article put a smile on my face when reading it over breakfast this morning...:-)
>
> > To: [hidden email] <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4705589&i=0>
> > From: [hidden email] <http://runtime-revolution.278305.n4.nabble.com/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4705589&i=1>
> > Subject: [a bit OT] Apple Store
> > Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 09:13:24 +0300
> >
> > http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36486556 <http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36486556>
> >
> > Richmond.

Dave Kilroy

 <http://applicationinsight.com/>

Application Insight

Web: www.applicationinsight.com <http://www.applicationinsight.com/>
Email: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
Twitter: @App_Insight_ <https://twitter.com/App_Insight_>
Tel: (01752) 671 418

Application Insight Ltd is a company registered in England (no: 05761203) Registered Office: 22 Hartley Park Gardens, Plymouth PL3 5HU http://www.applicationinsight.com The contents and any attachments of this electronic mail message are confidential and intended only for the named addressees. Dissemination, forwarding, publication or other use of the message or attachments by any unauthorised person is strictly prohibited. Unless stated to the contrary, any opinions expressed in this message are personal and may not be attributed to Application Insight Ltd.

Peter M. Brigham

RE: [a bit OT] Apple Store

Lynn Fredricks-2
> http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36486556

I never thought 30% to be too high as generally speaking, any reseller will
expect between 20-30%.

Moving to a larger than 12 month subscription model means more revenue for
Apple. Customers who have subscriptions certainly would rather handle them
all through a single interface. For suppliers (that's you and me) who are
smart enough to have both Apple Store and non Apple Store sales, it would
make it less likely that a user would buy a first version from Apple and
then all subsequent versions directly from the vendor.

Also, strongly pushing a subscription model through all its channels makes
it easier to move Apple products to a subscription model. Even with Adobe
and Autodesk moving everything to subscription models, there are still a lot
of 'rebel scum' clinging to their old fashioned licensing models.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Paradigma Software
http://www.paradigmasoft.com