adding a Shared (Background) Group after the fact

adding a Shared (Background) Group after the fact

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Hi Folks, I failed to think my stack through ahead of time and forgot to
add a shared group to my first card before I made the other cards.....

Is there a way to do that afterwards? and have a new group shared on all
the cards?

Copying a shared group to existing cards doesn't seem to create an
instance.

Thank you

Re: adding a Shared (Background) Group after the fact

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
From the object menu, select place group.
It can be done in code if you have too many to do by hand.
On Jul 21, 2018, 8:32 AM -0500, Tom Glod via use-livecode <[hidden email]>, wrote:

> Hi Folks, I failed to think my stack through ahead of time and forgot to
> add a shared group to my first card before I made the other cards.....
>
> Is there a way to do that afterwards? and have a new group shared on all
> the cards?
>
> Copying a shared group to existing cards doesn't seem to create an
> instance.
>
> Thank you

Re: adding a Shared (Background) Group after the fact

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
Hi Tom,

> Am 21.07.2018 um 15:31 schrieb Tom Glod via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi Folks, I failed to think my stack through ahead of time and forgot to
> add a shared group to my first card before I made the other cards.....
>
> Is there a way to do that afterwards? and have a new group shared on all
> the cards?
>
> Copying a shared group to existing cards doesn't seem to create an
> instance.

No, that will produce a COPY of the group, as the name "copying" suggests :-)

Go to your first card and then select menu:
Object -> Place Group -> Name of your group

That's it.

You can also do this by script:
place bg "name of your group here" onto card 1

> Thank you

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: adding a Shared (Background) Group after the fact

Clarence Martin via use-livecode
thank you gentlemen!