amateur question

Timothy Miller-2
Hi gang,

I forget. What property do I turn on or off to avoid the pale gray
shadow that appears over much or all of of the card when I "Print
Card..." ?

If I print with a script it seems like  it goes away if I set the
printcolors to false. But how bout when I'm just manually printing
one card from the File menu? The the shadow doesn't seem to show on
the screen, so I'm a bit perplexed.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Re: amateur question

masmit
You simply need to set the background color to whatever you want - in
this case white, I'd imagine. The grey background happens on printing
when no background color is set.

Mark

On 24 Aug 2005, at 00:36, Timothy Miller wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> I forget. What property do I turn on or off to avoid the pale gray
> shadow that appears over much or all of of the card when I "Print
> Card..." ?
>
> If I print with a script it seems like  it goes away if I set the
> printcolors to false. But how bout when I'm just manually printing one
> card from the File menu? The the shadow doesn't seem to show on the
> screen, so I'm a bit perplexed.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Tim

Re: amateur question

william humphrey-2
I bugzilla-ed this and the answer was that even though the grey background
is only visible when printing and decidedly not WYSIWYG it is still a
feature. I never understood why this invisible grey background could be a
feature.

On 8/23/05 7:58 PM, "Mark Smith" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You simply need to set the background color to whatever you want - in
> this case white, I'd imagine. The grey background happens on printing
> when no background color is set.
>
> Mark
>

> On 24 Aug 2005, at 00:36, Timothy Miller wrote:
>
>> Hi gang,
>>
>> I forget. What property do I turn on or off to avoid the pale gray
>> shadow that appears over much or all of of the card when I "Print
>> Card..." ?
>>
>> If I print with a script it seems like  it goes away if I set the
>> printcolors to false. But how bout when I'm just manually printing one
>> card from the File menu? The the shadow doesn't seem to show on the
>> screen, so I'm a bit perplexed.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>

>> Tim

            |    |    |
           )_)  )_)  )_)
          )___))___))___)\
         )____)____)_____)\\
       _____|____|____|____\\\__
-------\                   /--------- http://www.bluewatermaritime.com
 ^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  ^^^^      ^^^^     ^^^    ^^
       ^^^^      ^^^

24 hour cell: (787) 378-6190
fax: (787) 809-8426

Blue Water Maritime
P.O. Box 91
Puerto Real, PR 00740

Re: amateur question

Chipp Walters

Bill wrote:
> I bugzilla-ed this and the answer was that even though the grey background
> is only visible when printing and decidedly not WYSIWYG it is still a
> feature. I never understood why this invisible grey background could be a
> feature.

It's because you can use it to your advantage. Say you want to print
text on a yellow backgroung. Then just set the backColor of the card you
want to print to yellow, and then you're printing on a yellow
background. If you want your background white, then set the backColor to
white.

-Chipp

Re: amateur question

J. Landman Gay
Chipp Walters wrote:

> Bill wrote:
>
>> I bugzilla-ed this and the answer was that even though the grey
>> background
>> is only visible when printing and decidedly not WYSIWYG it is still a
>> feature. I never understood why this invisible grey background could be a
>> feature.
>

> It's because you can use it to your advantage. Say you want to print
> text on a yellow backgroung. Then just set the backColor of the card you
> want to print to yellow, and then you're printing on a yellow
> background. If you want your background white, then set the backColor to
> white.

Right, but one would think that the default printing backcolor would be
the same as the one you see on screen. Seems kind of odd that it isn't.