Quantcast

any secrets printing only a section from a card?

any secrets printing only a section from a card?

prothero--- via use-livecode
Hello,

LC 8.1.4, Win 10. (Same with LC 6-9) When printing a whole card with just
"print card" everything of the card is being printed fine, only stretched to
the papersize.

But when trying to print only a part of the  card by "print card from
myLeftTop to myRightBottom into page Rect" I never get the wanted rectangle
being printed into the pageRect. It is always clipped somewhere and only a
small part of the wanted rectangle is being printed. I have also tried to
set the printpapersize and printmargins and fiddled around with different
rectangle sizes, but didn't got the wanted section.

Are there any secret conversion factors, when printing "from to"?

Thanks for any hint

Tiemo

Re: any secrets printing only a section from a card?

dunbarx
A couple of things you can try.

You can print into a specified "pageRect". See the dictionary.

You can also set the "printScale" to a value other than 1. See the dictionary.

Craig Newman

Re: any secrets printing only a section from a card?

prothero--- via use-livecode
This might be an older issue. I have been struggling with that myself,
in context of producing PDFs, in version 7. Only printing the full card
works reliably. Any other option produces a different output but not the
desired one, at least not reliably.

On 10 Apr 2017, at 12:06, Tiemo Hollmann TB via use-livecode wrote:

> Hello,
>
> LC 8.1.4, Win 10. (Same with LC 6-9) When printing a whole card with
> just
> "print card" everything of the card is being printed fine, only
> stretched to
> the papersize.
>
> But when trying to print only a part of the  card by "print card from
> myLeftTop to myRightBottom into page Rect" I never get the wanted
> rectangle
> being printed into the pageRect. It is always clipped somewhere and
> only a
> small part of the wanted rectangle is being printed. I have also tried
> set the printpapersize and printmargins and fiddled around with
> different
> rectangle sizes, but didn't got the wanted section.
>
> Are there any secret conversion factors, when printing "from to"?
>
> Thanks for any hint
>
> Tiemo

AW: any secrets printing only a section from a card?

prothero--- via use-livecode
Yes, that's my experience too. I also tested the printScale without success.
I now, created a separate print stack, copied all objects to that card and
print the whole card.
Thanks
Tiemo

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----