babel help, please ?

John Dixon
could some kind 'livecoders' help me out with some translations please... I need the following translated into  these languages... French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German Polish and Portuguese ... your help would be appreciated...:-)

the directory that is 'always local' to you

your current location

share details

has been added to your favourites

favourites

no saved favourites

add to favourites

show favourites

zoom in

add

email

web

edit

delete

centre location

standard

hybrid

satellite

Re: babel help, please ?

Pierre Sahores-2
Hi John,

Here you are with the french one !

Best,

Pierre

Le 16 sept. 2013 à 07:38, John Dixon a écrit :

> could some kind 'livecoders' help me out with some translations please... I need the following translated into  these languages... French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German Polish and Portuguese ... your help would be appreciated...:-)
>
> the directory that is 'always local' to you
>
> index --> accueil
>
> your current location --> voter location courante
>
> share details --> partager les détails
>
> has been added to your favorites --> a été ajouté à vos favorits
>
> favourites --> favorits
>
> no saved favorites --> favorits non sauvés
>
> add to favorites --> ajouté aux favorits
>
> show favorites --> montrer les favorits
>
> zoom in --> zoomer
>
> add --> ajouter
>
> email --> email (or mél)
>
> web --> web
>
> edit --> éditer
>
> delete --> supprimer
>
> centre location --> location
>
> standard --> standard (or normal)
>
> hybrid --> hybride
>
> satellite --> satellite

Pierre Sahores
mobile : 06 03 95 77 70
www.sahores-conseil.com

Re: babel help, please ?

Peter W A Wood
Pierre

On 16 Sep 2013, at 16:07, Pierre Sahores wrote:
>> your current location --> voter location courante

Did your auto spellchecker change votre to voter?

Peter

Re: babel help, please ?

gpb01
Hi John,
enclosed the Italian translation ... :-)

Kind regards,

Guglielmo

On 9/16/13 07:38 AM, John Dixon wrote:

> could some kind 'livecoders' help me out with some translations please... I need the following translated into  these languages... French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German Polish and Portuguese ... your help would be appreciated...:-)
>
> the directory that is 'always local' to you
>
> index ->> indice
>
> your current location ->> la vostra posizione attuale
>
> share details ->> condividere i dettagli
>
> has been added to your favourites ->> (/masculine/) è stato aggiunto ai tuoi favoriti / (/feminine/) è stata aggiunta ai tuoi favoriti
>
> favourites ->> favoriti
>
> no saved favourites ->> favoriti non salvati
>
> add to favourites ->> aggiungere ai favoriti
>
> show favourites ->> mostrare i favoriti
>
> zoom in ->> ingrandire
>
> add ->> aggiungere
>
> email ->> email
>
> web ->> web
>
> edit ->> editare / modificare
>
> delete ->> cancellare
>
> centre location ->> posizione centrale
>
> standard ->> standard / usuale / normale
>
> hybrid ->> ibrido
>
> satellite ->> satellite

Re: babel help, please ?

Pierre Sahores-2
You right : my sad auto-speller changed some entries. The right translations are :

your current location --> votre location courante

add to favorites --> ajouter aux favorits

Other entries are OK

Best,

Pierre

Le 16 sept. 2013 à 10:11, Peter W A Wood a écrit :

> Pierre
>
> On 16 Sep 2013, at 16:07, Pierre Sahores wrote:
>>> your current location --> voter location courante
>
> Did your auto spellchecker change votre to voter?
>
> Peter

Pierre Sahores
mobile : 06 03 95 77 70
www.sahores-conseil.com

AW: babel help, please ?

Tiemo Hollmann TB
Here you go with German,
If any German may find other solutions, please correct me :)
Tiemo

Auftrag
> von John Dixon
> Gesendet: Montag, 16. September 2013 07:39
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: babel help, please ?
>
> could some kind 'livecoders' help me out with some translations please...

> need the following translated into  these languages... French, Spanish,
> Italian, Dutch, German Polish and Portuguese ... your help would be
> appreciated...:-)
>
> the directory that is 'always local' to you
>
> index - Index
>
> your current location - Ihre aktuelle Position
>
> share details - Details teilen ???
>
> has been added to your favourites - wurde Ihren Favoriten hinzugefügt
>
> favourites - Favoriten
>
> no saved favourites - keine gespeicherten Favoriten vorhanden
>
> add to favourites - zu Favoriten hinzufügen
>
> show favourites - Favoriten anzeigen
>
> zoom in - Reinzoomen
>
> add - hinzufügen
>
> email - E-Mail
>
> web - Web
>
> edit - bearbeiten
>
> delete - löschen
>
> centre location - Position zentrieren
>
> standard - Standard
>
> hybrid - Hybrid
>
> satellite - Satellit

Re: babel help, please ?

René Micout
Bonjour,
Moi j'aurais plutôt dit :

your current location > votre localisation courante ou votre position actuelle (everythings depends on the context / tout dépend du contexte)
favorites > favoris (without T / sans T !)
no saved favorites > favoris non sauvegardés

René

Le 16 sept. 2013 à 10:20, Pierre Sahores <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> You right : my sad auto-speller changed some entries. The right translations are :
>
> your current location --> votre location courante
>
> add to favorites --> ajouter aux favorits
>
> Other entries are OK
>
> Best,
>
> Pierre
>
> Le 16 sept. 2013 à 10:11, Peter W A Wood a écrit :
>
>> Pierre

>> Did your auto spellchecker change votre to voter?
>>
>> Peter

> Pierre Sahores
> mobile : 06 03 95 77 70
> www.sahores-conseil.com

Re: babel help, please ?

xtalkprogrammer
John,

This isn't easy. I think that a translation into any Germanic or
Scandinavian language would easily go wrong. Maybe you should tell us a
little more about the context.

 > the directory that is 'always local' to you
de map die "altijd locaal" is voor jou
(Sorry, I really have no clue what you mean, I can only provide the
literal translation, do you mean the Home folder?)

index, tabel, zoeklijst, lijst
(again, this depends on the context)

 > your current location
je huidige locatie
(but again, this probably isn't what you want, e.g. on a map you would
just write "je bent nu hier" ("you are here now")

 > share details
deel je details
deel je gegevens
vertel je vrienden
gegevens delen
(really, what do you want?)

 > has been added to your favourites
is aan je favorieten toegevoegd
toegevoegd aan je favorieten
toegevoegd aan favorieten
gemarkeerd als favoriet
bladwijzer gemaakt

 > favourites
favorieten
bladwijzers

 > no saved favourites
geen favorieten opgeslagen
je hebt nog geen favorieten
je hebt nog geen bladwijzers
bladwijzers niet opgeslagen

 > add to favourites
toevoegen aan favorieten
markeren als favoriet
bladwijzer maken
maak een bladwijzer

 > show favourites
favorieten tonen
bladwijzers tonen

 > zoom in
vergroten

 > add
voeg toe
toevoegen

 > email
e-mail
electronische post

 > web
het web
het net
het internet

 > edit
wijzigen

 > delete
wissen
verwijderen

 > centre location
het midden
het centrum
deze locatie centreren

 > standard
standaard
als standaard makeren
markeer als standaard
(I assume you mean defaut)

 > hybrid
hybride
gecombineerd
een combinatie

 > satellite
sateliet
dependence
onderdeel
(what do you mean?)

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

http://qery.us/3fi

Fill out this survey please
http://livecodebeginner.economy-x-talk.com/survey/

On 9/16/2013 07:38, John Dixon wrote:

> could some kind 'livecoders' help me out with some translations please... I need the following translated into  these languages... French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German Polish and Portuguese ... your help would be appreciated...:-)
>
> the directory that is 'always local' to you

> your current location
>
> share details
>
> has been added to your favourites
>
> favourites
>
> no saved favourites
>
> add to favourites
>
> show favourites
>
> zoom in
>
> add
>
> email
>
> web
>
> edit
>
> delete
>
> centre location
>
> standard
>
> hybrid
>
> satellite

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: babel help, please ?

André Bisseret

Excuse me  Pierre :

May I propose two suggestions :

- for favorites the french word is "favoris" (sans t)
-seems to me that in french "location" means something like "rental"
not easy to find a right and short word: what about "emplacement" (or "position")

Best regards

André

Le 16 sept. 2013 à 10:20, Pierre Sahores a écrit :

> You right : my sad auto-speller changed some entries. The right translations are :
>
> your current location --> votre location courante
>
> add to favorites --> ajouter aux favorits
>
> Other entries are OK
>
> Best,
>
> Pierre
>
> Le 16 sept. 2013 à 10:11, Peter W A Wood a écrit :
>
>> Pierre

>> Did your auto spellchecker change votre to voter?
>>
>> Peter

> Pierre Sahores
> mobile : 06 03 95 77 70
> www.sahores-conseil.com

Re: babel help, please ?

Robert Brenstein
A few clarifications are needed:

On 16.09.2013 at 6:38 Uhr +0100 John Dixon apparently wrote:
>could some kind 'livecoders' help me out with some translations
>please... I need the following translated into  these languages...
>French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German Polish and Portuguese ...
>your help would be appreciated...:-)
>
>the directory that is 'always local' to you

context please.
what is directory referring to.
in what sense local to the user?

as in directory or as in a list of items?

>your current location

as in physical location or as in location within some dataset?

>share details

as in provide more details or as in pass details to others?

>has been added to your favourites
>
>favourites
>
>no saved favourites
>
>add to favourites
>
>show favourites
>
>zoom in
>
>add
>
>email

a noun or a verb? a service or a message?

>web

as Internet in general or as a website?

>edit
>
>delete
>
>centre location

as in to center the location or as in a location of a centre?
if the latter, a centre like in a center of an object or a centre as a place?
if the former, context please.

>standard

as in normal/regular or as in default?

>hybrid
>
>satellite

Robert

Re: babel help, please ?

mwieder
John-

Sunday, September 15, 2013, 10:38:31 PM, you wrote:

> could some kind 'livecoders' help me out with some translations
> please... I need the following translated into  these languages...
> French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German Polish and Portuguese ...
> your help would be appreciated...:-)

In addition to the other questions, do you want Brazilian Portuguese
or Continental?

--
-Mark Wieder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: babel help, please ?

Vaughn Clement
Hi Mark

What I gave him was not Brazilian but standard Portuguese

Thank you

Vaughn Clement

Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
*http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/*
Skype: vaughn.clement
https://secure.join.me/appsbyvclement
FaceTime: [hidden email]
LogMeIn also avaialble
Call on "ooVoo" at address:  vaughnclement or 9282549062
Ph. 928-254-9062
Cloud Hosting Registration Web Site:
https://my.oditech.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=41

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 9:02 AM, Mark Wieder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> John-
>
> Sunday, September 15, 2013, 10:38:31 PM, you wrote:
>
> > could some kind 'livecoders' help me out with some translations
> > please... I need the following translated into  these languages...
> > French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German Polish and Portuguese ...
> > your help would be appreciated...:-)
>
> In addition to the other questions, do you want Brazilian Portuguese
> or Continental?
>
> --
> -Mark Wieder
>  [hidden email]

Re: babel help, please ?

Pierre Sahores-2
André, René, John,

My apologies ! True (favoris), and true (position) ;-)

Pierre

Le 16 sept. 2013 à 14:13, André Bisseret a écrit :

> Excuse me  Pierre :
>
> May I propose two suggestions :
>
> - for favorites the french word is "favoris" (sans t)
> -seems to me that in french "location" means something like "rental"
> not easy to find a right and short word: what about "emplacement" (or "position")
>
> Best regards
>
> André
>
> Le 16 sept. 2013 à 10:20, Pierre Sahores a écrit :
>
>> You right : my sad auto-speller changed some entries. The right translations are :
>>
>> your current location --> votre location courante
>>
>> add to favorites --> ajouter aux favorits
>>
>> Other entries are OK
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Pierre
>>
>> Le 16 sept. 2013 à 10:11, Peter W A Wood a écrit :
>>
>>> Pierre

>>> Did your auto spellchecker change votre to voter?
>>>
>>> Peter

>> Pierre Sahores
>> mobile : 06 03 95 77 70
>> www.sahores-conseil.com

Pierre Sahores
mobile : 06 03 95 77 70
www.sahores-conseil.com

Re: babel help, please ?

René Micout
;-)

Le 16 sept. 2013 à 23:19, Pierre Sahores <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> André, René, John,
>
> My apologies ! True (favoris), and true (position) ;-)
>
> Pierre
>
> Le 16 sept. 2013 à 14:13, André Bisseret a écrit :
>

>> Excuse me  Pierre :
>>
>> May I propose two suggestions :
>>
>> - for favorites the french word is "favoris" (sans t)
>> -seems to me that in french "location" means something like "rental"
>> not easy to find a right and short word: what about "emplacement" (or "position")
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> André
>>
>> Le 16 sept. 2013 à 10:20, Pierre Sahores a écrit :
>>
>>> You right : my sad auto-speller changed some entries. The right translations are :
>>>
>>> your current location --> votre location courante
>>>
>>> add to favorites --> ajouter aux favorits
>>>
>>> Other entries are OK
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Pierre

>>> --
>>> Pierre Sahores
>>> mobile : 06 03 95 77 70
>>> www.sahores-conseil.com

> Pierre Sahores
> mobile : 06 03 95 77 70
> www.sahores-conseil.com

Re: babel help, please ?

Stephen Barncard-4
sorry to interrupt, but I love this (international) list!

something wonderful about this.... what a great group of helpful people.

carry on...

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA

more about sqb  <http://www.google.com/profiles/sbarncar>

Re: babel help, please ?

barryb@libero.it
John

Although I would not dare to query Guglielmo's translation, I thought it might be helpful to point out that if, as it seems, this is for a web-browser-like app I have never seen Favoriti in an Italian browser. This what I get:

IE, Chrome &amp; Safari :- Preferiti (synonymous with Favoriti anyway);

Firefox :- Segnalibri (translation of Bookmarks)

RevBrowser has no such feature!
 All the best
       Barry

> could some kind 'livecoders' help me out with some translations please... I need the following translated into  these languages... French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German Polish and Portuguese ... your help would be appreciated...:-)
>
> the directory that is 'always local' to you
>
> index ->> indice
>
> your current location ->> la vostra posizione attuale
>
> share details ->> condividere i dettagli
>
> has been added to your favourites ->> (/masculine/) ? stato aggiunto ai tuoi favoriti / (/feminine/) ? stata aggiunta ai tuoi favoriti
>
> favourites ->> favoriti
>
> no saved favourites ->> favoriti non salvati
>
> add to favourites ->> aggiungere ai favoriti
>
> show favourites ->> mostrare i favoriti
>
> zoom in ->> ingrandire
>
> add ->> aggiungere
>
> email ->> email
>
> web ->> web
>
> edit ->> editare / modificare
>
> delete ->> cancellare
>
> centre location ->> posizione centrale
>
> standard ->> standard / usuale / normale
>
> hybrid ->> ibrido
>
> satellite ->> satellite

Re: babel help, please ?

gpb01
Hi Barry,

"Favoriti" / "Preferiti" are quite synonyms so ... both can be used for web.

"Segnalibri" I really don't like because, also if Firefox use it for
Bookmarks, in my opinion, in Italian is more related to real (paper)
books ;-)
Maybe Firefox people have used Google Translator to translate ... (/...
just kidding/) :-D :-D :-D

/*Guglielmo*/

On 9/17/13 12:11 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> John
>
> Although I would not dare to query Guglielmo's translation, I thought it might be helpful to point out that if, as it seems, this is for a web-browser-like app I have never seen Favoriti in an Italian browser. This what I get:
>
> IE, Chrome &amp; Safari :- Preferiti (synonymous with Favoriti anyway);
>
> Firefox :- Segnalibri (translation of Bookmarks)
>
> RevBrowser has no such feature!
>   All the best
>         Barry

RE: babel help, please ?

John Dixon
Thanks to all who have answered... this would all be much easier for me if we all spoke 'klingon'..
All the help has been appreciated...

Dixie