backscripts vs. libraries in 8 with .livecodescript

backscripts vs. libraries in 8 with .livecodescript

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Aside from the libraryStack/releaseStack messages, is there any difference
between using a .livecodescript file as a backscript vs a library?

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: backscripts vs. libraries in 8 with .livecodescript

On 2/18/17 6:55 PM, Mike Kerner via use-livecode wrote:
> Aside from the libraryStack/releaseStack messages, is there any difference
> between using a .livecodescript file as a backscript vs a library?

I don't know if it is still true, but when I asked about this in the
MetaCard days, the only differece was that backscripts get messages
after the Home stack, and libraries get them before.