browser print?

Does the browser widget support printing like the older revBrowser
external did?

Re: browser print?

> Richard G. wrote:
> Does the browser widget support printing like the older revBrowser
> external did?

No. AFAIK it doesn't support "window.print()", had no success here.

But you can use javascript to get the window's content or part of it
(e.g. container by Id) as a rendered image, not a screenshot, and then
print via LC Script.

Re: browser print?

hh wrote:

 >> Richard G. wrote:
 >> Does the browser widget support printing like the older revBrowser
 >> external did?
 >
 > No. AFAIK it doesn't support "window.print()", had no success here.
 >
 > But you can use javascript to get the window's content or part of it
 > (e.g. container by Id) as a rendered image, not a screenshot, and then
 > print via LC Script.

Thanks, but you know how bitmaps are.  I'd really like crisp print-res
output if I can.

The older revBrowser external might be an option, but alas no Linux with
that.

Dear dev team: any plans to bring the browser widget into feature parity
with revBrowser?  In addition to printing there were some other goodies
like built-in screenshots and text resizing that are very useful.

Re: browser print?

> RG wrote:
> Thanks, but you know how bitmaps are. I'd really like crisp print-res
> output if I can.

The browser widget isn't rendering at 300 dpi or more ...
You need something like Adobe Acrobat (which does the HTML2PDF for you)
for getting web pages as true PDF.
And simply printing to PDF doesn't mean you get rid of bitmaps.

Re: browser print?

hh wrote:
 >> RG wrote:
 >> Thanks, but you know how bitmaps are. I'd really like crisp print-res
 >> output if I can.
 >
 > The browser widget isn't rendering at 300 dpi or more ...
 > You need something like Adobe Acrobat (which does the HTML2PDF for
 > you) for getting web pages as true PDF.
 > And simply printing to PDF doesn't mean you get rid of bitmaps.

Depends on the renderer.  And of course elements that are inherently
bitmaps, like images, can only print at the resolution they have.  But
modern text is vector, and it's text I'm most interested in for crispness.

Most browsers will render at device resolution, so on screen that's the
screen resolution but when printing it's much higher.

I believe revBrowser tapped into that browser printing method for that
command.

It would be nice if the same method were available for the browser widget.