card printing question???

Ban Nguyen
Hello everyone,

I have a gif image size 350 x 500.  I want to display it in the field so
user can scroll up and down to view it and print the whole image out.

This is what I have done:
I create a field and insert this code into the field:

on openCard
  set the imageSource of char 1 of field "myField" to "myImage"
end openCard

--->  the field displays the image perfectly the way I want it.

I also create a button (Print) on the same card.  I insert this code
into the Print button:

on mouseUp
  revPrintField the name of field "myField"
end mouseUp

The problem is when I click on the button "Print".  I give me error:

      executing at 9:08:44 AM
Type Chunk: no such object
Object Print
Line revPrintField the name of field "myField"
Hint myField

Also, I go to File then the "Print Field" option is grey out

Could someone help me with this please

Thank you

Re: card printing question???

J. Landman Gay
Ban Nguyen wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a gif image size 350 x 500.  I want to display it in the field so
> user can scroll up and down to view it and print the whole image out.
>
> This is what I have done:
> I create a field and insert this code into the field:
>
> on openCard
>   set the imageSource of char 1 of field "myField" to "myImage"
> end openCard
>

> --->  the field displays the image perfectly the way I want it.
>
> I also create a button (Print) on the same card.  I insert this code
> into the Print button:
>
> on mouseUp
>   revPrintField the name of field "myField"
> end mouseUp

The revPrintField command prints the text of a field. I'm not sure why
it says there is no such object, though.

You should not put the image into a field if you want to print it.
Instead, put the image on the card and group the image. Then make the
group the size you want, set its locklocation to true, and add vertical
and horizontal scrollbars. Then your user can scroll it around.

To print it, use "print this card from x1,y1 to x2,y2". The visible part
of the image will print. You might want to make a printing substack that
is large enough to hold the entire image, and then just print that
instead. If you print from the scrolling group, only the visible part of
the image inside the group will print, so you need a big card to print
that will hold the entire image at once.

Re: card printing question???

Dan Shafer
While I'm certain what Jacque says is good advice, I found that using
exactly your scripts, the code worked fine and the picture printed as
expected.

However, only the portion of the image visible in the field prints.
I've never found 'set the imageSource' to work very well. The images
that get loaded are always mostly out of the field. I'm sure I'm
missing something but since I never have to use it, it's no big deal
for me.

Dan