checkmark on submenu items

kevin oneil
Does anyone know how to mark submenu items with checkmarks? It seems
that when I use the following code on an item that I know is part of a
cascading menu, it takes that menu out of the submenu and puts it into
the main menu:

put "!cSubmenu Item" into menuItem 2 of button "File"

I realize that the "!c" should be appended to the beginning of the item
to yield the "check" but am stumped on how to implement this on a
submenu. The Rev User Guide seems to indicate that this may not be
possible but its not clear to me.

Many thanks!!

Kevin

Re: checkmark on submenu items

Sarah Reichelt-2
On 4/28/06, kevin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to mark submenu items with checkmarks? It seems
> that when I use the following code on an item that I know is part of a
> cascading menu, it takes that menu out of the submenu and puts it into
> the main menu:
>
> put "!cSubmenu Item" into menuItem 2 of button "File"
>
> I realize that the "!c" should be appended to the beginning of the item
> to yield the "check" but am stumped on how to implement this on a
> submenu. The Rev User Guide seems to indicate that this may not be
> possible but its not clear to me.

To make a sub-menu item, you need to start the line with a tab. The
"!c" can be added either before or after the tab.

Here is a script of the sort I use for constructing menus dynamically:

    put "Main" & cr into tMenu
    put tab & "Sub 1" & cr after tMenu
    put tab & "!cSub 2" & cr after tMenu
    put tab & "Sub 3" & cr after tMenu
    put tMenu into btn Menu"

And for an easy way to uncheck everything:

   replace "!c" with empty into btn "Menu"

HTH,
Sarah

Re: checkmark on submenu items

kevin oneil
Sarah,
Thats exactly what I was looking for!

Many thanks,
Kevin

On Apr 27, 2006, at 4:20 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

> On 4/28/06, kevin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to mark submenu items with checkmarks? It seems
>> that when I use the following code on an item that I know is part of a
>> cascading menu, it takes that menu out of the submenu and puts it into
>> the main menu:
>>
>> put "!cSubmenu Item" into menuItem 2 of button "File"
>>
>> I realize that the "!c" should be appended to the beginning of the
>> item
>> to yield the "check" but am stumped on how to implement this on a
>> submenu. The Rev User Guide seems to indicate that this may not be
>> possible but its not clear to me.
>
> To make a sub-menu item, you need to start the line with a tab. The
> "!c" can be added either before or after the tab.
>
> Here is a script of the sort I use for constructing menus dynamically:
>
>     put "Main" & cr into tMenu
>     put tab & "Sub 1" & cr after tMenu
>     put tab & "!cSub 2" & cr after tMenu
>     put tab & "Sub 3" & cr after tMenu
>     put tMenu into btn Menu"
>
> And for an easy way to uncheck everything:
>
>    replace "!c" with empty into btn "Menu"
>
> HTH,
> Sarah

Re: checkmark on submenu items

xtalkprogrammer
Kevin,

You got it almost right:

put tab & "!cSubmenu Item" into menuItem 2 of button "File"

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Salery is the easiest way to set up your own web store: http://
www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 27-apr-2006, om 23:17 heeft kevin het volgende geschreven:

> Does anyone know how to mark submenu items with checkmarks? It
> seems that when I use the following code on an item that I know is
> part of a cascading menu, it takes that menu out of the submenu and
> puts it into the main menu:
>
> put "!cSubmenu Item" into menuItem 2 of button "File"
>
> I realize that the "!c" should be appended to the beginning of the
> item to yield the "check" but am stumped on how to implement this
> on a submenu. The Rev User Guide seems to indicate that this may
> not be possible but its not clear to me.
>
> Many thanks!!
>
> Kevin

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille