code signing cost

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Hi guys,

Maybe my question is dumb, and maybe I'm too pessimistic.... but are you
telling me LC drops $ on code signing every windows installer for their DP
and RC releases too?

Is there some way of signing applications without that cost?

Re: code signing cost

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
???

Tom,

you pay for  a code signing certificate for one year and can use that certificate then for signing as many windows programs,Dlls and so on as you want. After that year your signed apps are still working, but you have to renew your certificate if you want to sign new apps.

And 84USD for a code signing certificate is not much.

Matthias

Matthias Rebbe
Tel +49 5741 310000
https://matthiasrebbe.eu <https://matthiasrebbe.eu/>‌

> Am 15.03.2018 um 01:27 schrieb Tom Glod via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> Maybe my question is dumb, and maybe I'm too pessimistic.... but are you
> telling me LC drops $ on code signing every windows installer for their DP
> and RC releases too?
>
> Is there some way of signing applications without that cost?

Re: code signing cost

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Coding signing certificates are priced on a per-year basis, not per app or signing instance. I get my Windows code signing certificates from kSoft - the certificates themselves are from Comodo and you can get anything from 1 to 5 years (the more years, the cheaper per year) - at least that last time I purchased.

Marty

> On Mar 14, 2018, at 5:27 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> Maybe my question is dumb, and maybe I'm too pessimistic.... but are you
> telling me LC drops $ on code signing every windows installer for their DP
> and RC releases too?
>
> Is there some way of signing applications without that cost?

Re: code signing cost

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
thanks you that makes alot more sense than what I was thinking. In the few
times I researched this topic, it was never clear to me that you can sign
multiple things with one sig.

thanks guys