crash with iOS 8.1

Alain Vezina
Hi all,

I upgraded one of my apps to iOS 8.1 using LC 6.7 + Xcode 6.1.
I tested it on an iPad iOS 8.1 and my app crashes sometimes and sometimes no.
I don’t think that LC is the problem because I checked on internet and I found a lot of discussions about iPad, iPhone crash.
To check it on internet type  [ iOs 8.1 crash site:discussions.apple.com ]

Anyone experienced the same problem on iPad or iPhone?

Alain Vézina, directeur
Logilangue
www.logilangue.com

Re: crash with iOS 8.1

Vaughn Clement
Hi Alain

YES! There is a memory issue on startup of the apps in IOS 8 where they are
crashing on startup. This started right after the release of IOS 8, and it
is not just LC apps it all apps. I just read the latest update for IOS 8.1
and it does not address the fix for this issue. I know Apple is aware of it
since the forum has a topic where a lot of people are commenting.

Thank you

Vaughn Clement

Apps by Vaughn Clement (Support)
*http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/
<http://www.appsbyvaughnclement.com/tools/home-page/>*
On Target Solutions LLC Website: http://www.ontargetsolutions.biz
Email: [hidden email]
Skype: vaughn.clement

FaceTime: [hidden email]
Ph. 928-254-9062

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM, Alain Vezina <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I upgraded one of my apps to iOS 8.1 using LC 6.7 + Xcode 6.1.
> I tested it on an iPad iOS 8.1 and my app crashes sometimes and sometimes
> no.
> I don’t think that LC is the problem because I checked on internet and I
> found a lot of discussions about iPad, iPhone crash.
> To check it on internet type  [ iOs 8.1 crash site:discussions.apple.com ]
>
> Anyone experienced the same problem on iPad or iPhone?
>
> Alain Vézina, directeur
> Logilangue
> www.logilangue.com

RE: crash with iOS 8.1

Ralph DiMola
Alain,

I even see this when opening settings in an iPod gen 5 iOS 8.0.2. I actually
see this way more often opening up settings then an LC app. In fact my apps
have only done this a couple of times. Settings does this almost 50% of the
time.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

Re: crash with iOS 8.1

Alain Vezina
Hi Vaughn,

I just forgot to precise that my app doesn’t crash on startup but time to time. I analysed to see if there is a pattern for these crashes and to reproduce it and I found nothing.

I hope Apple will fix that problem ASAP. I can’t wait to send my new release of my app to my clients.

Thanks

Alain Vézina, directeur

Logilangue
www.logilangue.com