create a library in LCB - is there also a step by step lesson

create a library in LCB - is there also a step by step lesson

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Hi,

i would like to port some libraries to lcb libraries.
I looked to find some quick start informations, but can only find a step by step lesson for creating a widget.
Is there anything similar available for libraries.
I´ve checked already existing libraries and the dictionary/guide within LC8, but would need some basic informations.

Any idea where i could start.

Regards,
Matthias

Matthias Rebbe
Bramkampsieke 13
32312 Lübbecke
Tel +49 5741 310000
    +49 160 5504462
Fax: +49 5741 310002
eMail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

BR5 Konverter - BR5 -> MP3 <http://matthiasrebbe.eu/portfolio/produkte/brx/>

Re: create a library in LCB - is there also a step by step lesson

Dave Kilroy
Hi Mathias the answer is YES! There is a very fine lesson in the dictionary - however it is best to use the dictionary from version LC 8.1.0(dp1) or later as this version updates the sample code to current syntax.

To get the lesson:

1 - in LC 8.1.0(dp1) or later open the dictionary
2 - wait a few seconds without worrying as things load
3 - click the 'Guide' tab in the top-left
4 - wait a few seconds more without worrying as things load
5 - find the dropdown control close to the top-left and click it
6 - select "Extending LiveCode" from the list
7 - follow the instructions to create your version of 'the pink circle' widget

If you're like me you'll need a fair bit of protected time to do this as you read background documents, tinker with settings, try new functions etc - but the example works nicely and opens up a whole new vista of LiveCode opportunities!

Kind regards

Dave
Peter M. Brigham

Re: create a library in LCB - is there also a step by step lesson

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Hi Dave,

thank you very much.

Regards,