customPropertyless

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
I have a button called "XXX" and it has 3 customProperties; "AA", "BB" &
"CC"

and this works  very well indeed:

onmouseEnter

put"AA=" & (theAA ofme) & cr & "BB=" & (theBB ofme) & cr & "CC=" &
(theCC ofme) intofld "propps"

endmouseEnter

But this does NOT:

onmouseEnter

putthe customProperties of meintofld "propps"

endmouseEnter

this is a Pain-In-the-Bum for objects that have an unknown number of
customProps . . .

Re: customPropertyless

On 2017-09-05 15:58, Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode wrote:
> onmouseEnter
>
> putthe customProperties of meintofld "propps"
>
> endmouseEnter

The 'customProperties' property returns an array... So try:

   put the keys of (the customProperties of me) into fld "propps"

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps

Re: customPropertyless

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Hi Richmond,

> Am 05.09.2017 um 15:58 schrieb Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> I have a button called "XXX" and it has 3 customProperties; "AA", "BB" & "CC"
>
> and this works  very well indeed:
>
> onmouseEnter
>
> put"AA=" & (theAA ofme) & cr & "BB=" & (theBB ofme) & cr & "CC=" & (theCC ofme) intofld "propps"
>
> endmouseEnter
>
> But this does NOT:
>
> onmouseEnter
>
> putthe customProperties of meintofld "propps"
>
> endmouseEnter
>
> this is a Pain-In-the-Bum for objects that have an unknown number of customProps . . .

but this DOES:
on mouseEnter
  put the customkeys of me into fld "propps"
end mouseEnter

> Richmond.

Best

Klaus