datagrid in group with backgroundbehavior?

datagrid in group with backgroundbehavior?

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Hi friends,

the subject says it all, someone tried and succeeded to put a datagrid
into a group and place this goup on more than one card?

But since the fields in a datagrid (table) obviously have their "sharedtext"
prop set to false, I doubt this is possible at all. Any hints welcome!

But that would be a nice feature, right? :-)

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: datagrid in group with backgroundbehavior?

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Klaus.

Not sure what you mean. Is it that you want specific fields (or all of them)
in a DG to have their sharedText property set to true?

You can do this by hand:

set the sharedText of fld "col 1 0001" to "true"

Craig

Re: datagrid in group with backgroundbehavior?

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Hi Craig,

> Am 06.09.2017 um 15:02 schrieb dunbarx via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Klaus.
>
> Not sure what you mean. Is it that you want specific fields (or all of them)
> in a DG to have their sharedText property set to true?

no, I just wanted to display the SAME data in the same datagrid on more than one card.
Just like every (background behavior) group would do.

> You can do this by hand:
> set the sharedText of fld "col 1 0001" to "true"

Yes, but I can also forbear this! :-D

> Craig

Best

Klaus

Klaus major wrote:

 > I just wanted to display the SAME data in the same datagrid on
 > more than one card.
 > Just like every (background behavior) group would do.

I you set the sharedText of the fields in the row template does the DG
turn that off?

Re: datagrid in group with backgroundbehavior?

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Hi Richard,

> Am 06.09.2017 um 16:37 schrieb Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Klaus major wrote:
>
> > I just wanted to display the SAME data in the same datagrid on
> > more than one card.
> > Just like every (background behavior) group would do.
>
> I you set the sharedText of the fields in the row template does the DG turn that off?

set the sharedtext of the field in the template to true, but no success.
Empty fields and even header (column titles) on a new card.

I am a afraid a datagrid is not meant to be in a shared bg group.

Did not dive into the DG behavior script however, and actually do not feel to do so...

> --
> Richard Gaskin
> Fourth World Systems

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: datagrid in group with backgroundbehavior?

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Did you also set the backgroundBehavior to true on both the row template
group and the DG group?

Klaus Major wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
>> Am 06.09.2017 um 16:37 schrieb Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>>
>> Klaus major wrote:
>>
>> > I just wanted to display the SAME data in the same datagrid on
>> > more than one card.
>> > Just like every (background behavior) group would do.
>>
>> I you set the sharedText of the fields in the row template does the DG turn that off?
>
> set the sharedtext of the field in the template to true, but no success.
> Empty fields and even header (column titles) on a new card.
>
> I am a afraid a datagrid is not meant to be in a shared bg group.
>
> Did not dive into the DG behavior script however, and actually do not feel to do so...

Re: datagrid in group with backgroundbehavior?

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
Hi Richard,

> Am 06.09.2017 um 18:39 schrieb Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Did you also set the backgroundBehavior to true on both the row template group and the DG group?

yes and yes (via msg), but when I want to group the datagrid with one or two buttons I get:
Message execution error:
Error description: group: cannot group background or shared groups

I was really hoping for a simple solution so I will stop experimenting right here! :-)

Klaus Major wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
>> Am 06.09.2017 um 18:39 schrieb Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>:
>>
>> Did you also set the backgroundBehavior to true on both the row template group and the DG group?
>
> yes and yes (via msg), but when I want to group the datagrid with one or two buttons I get:
> Message execution error:
> Error description: group: cannot group background or shared groups

That would appear to be a separate issue.  Whether it's an IDE bug or an
engine bug or a user error would depend on details.

If I get some later today I may try to replicate that, and perhaps even
try the shared DG grid, but no promises as it's a busy day here today.

Re: datagrid in group with backgroundbehavior?

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
just fyi..... i don't know if this is what u need, but you can easily apply
the same datagrid template to more than one data grid object. which could
achieve the same result as a shared group in most use cases.