Quantcast

deploy?

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
The v9dp5 Release Notes include:

   Script-only deploy (9.0.0-dp-5)
   It is now possible to use script-only stacks in the mainstack
   and auxiliary stack parameters to the deploy command.

Sounds cool. What's the "deploy" command?  It's not in the Dictionary.

Re: deploy?

Mark Talluto via use-livecode
It’s an IDE only internal command for creating standalone engines.

> On 24 Feb 2017, at 12:51 pm, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The v9dp5 Release Notes include:
>
>  Script-only deploy (9.0.0-dp-5)
>  It is now possible to use script-only stacks in the mainstack
>  and auxiliary stack parameters to the deploy command.
>
> Sounds cool. What's the "deploy" command?  It's not in the Dictionary.
>
> --
> Richard Gaskin
> Fourth World Systems

Re: deploy?

Monte Goulding wrote:

 >> On 24 Feb 2017, at 12:51 pm, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >> What's the "deploy" command?  It's not in the Dictionary.
 >
 > It’s an IDE only internal command for creating standalone engines.

Sounds useful for automating build systems.  At least part of it is
documented in the latest Release Notes - where can I find the rest of
the docs on that?

Re: deploy?

Mark Talluto via use-livecode

> On 24 Feb 2017, at 1:19 pm, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sounds useful for automating build systems.  At least part of it is documented in the latest Release Notes - where can I find the rest of the docs on that?

It isn’t part of the engine I know much about nor am I sure if/where the documentation might be. You would probably be better working with standalone builder scripts to automate building anyway.

Have a look at the standalone builder tests for command line building https://github.com/livecode/livecode-ide/tree/develop/tests/standalonebuilder <https://github.com/livecode/livecode-ide/tree/develop/tests/standalonebuilder>