developing win32 externals...

Andre Garzia
Hi Folks,

I am now trying to build some externals for both mac and win32
machines. I plan to use XCode on the mac side but on the win32 side I
have no clue. I'd like not to use Visual Studio, it's too bloated for
my modest machine. I'd settle for DJGPP or Cygwin or whatever... If I
could cross compile in XCode or GCC then it would be marvelous. Can
someone shed a light here?

Cheers
andre

Re: developing win32 externals...

Mark Waddingham
Hi Andre,

I'd recommend taking a look at this:
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/

Although you should be able to build externals for Win32 using mingw32:
  http://www.mingw.org/

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

RE: developing win32 externals...

chris bohnert
Andre,

One of the things to watch for is whether you're using any binary libraries
(static or dynamic) in your code that were built by someone else.  If the
libraries were built with visual studio and you try to link them with
bloodshed you'll get linker errors. (in particular, I've had this problem
with some mysql and imagemagick libs)

If you're just building code you've compiled I highly recommend the
bloodshed ide for mingw/gcc, its the only environment besides vs where i've
ever been able to get the debugger to work correctly with rev.

--
cb

Re: developing win32 externals...

mwieder
Chris-

Have you tried the Devpak for MySQL? I haven't myself, but it's
supposed to work...

http://devpaks.org/details.php?devpak=79

--
-Mark