difficulties with StandAlone

Jon-3
Every time I try to create a StandAlone (SA), I have to select a
directory into which the SA will be created, starting at My Computer.  I
don't mind selecting the directory the first time I do this for an
application, but is it necessary that I do this every time?  And if I
have to do it every time, could it start from the most recently selected
location, rather than from My Computer?  Drilling down into the
directory structure over and over again seems needlessly tedious to me.

Am I missing something here?  Does it work this way for everyone?

:)

Jon

Re: difficulties with StandAlone

Howard Bornstein
On 8/22/05, Jon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Every time I try to create a StandAlone (SA), I have to select a
> directory into which the SA will be created, starting at My Computer.  I
> don't mind selecting the directory the first time I do this for an
> application, but is it necessary that I do this every time?  And if I
> have to do it every time, could it start from the most recently selected
> location, rather than from My Computer?  Drilling down into the
> directory structure over and over again seems needlessly tedious to me.
>
> Am I missing something here?  Does it work this way for everyone?
>
> :)
>
> Jon

On the Mac (OSX) it remembers where I saved my last standalone and
opens that directory again. Not sure why this doesn't work the same
way on Windows.

Howard Bornstein

Re: difficulties with StandAlone

mwieder
Howard-

BZ #3080 has now been filed against this. This has annoyed me for a
while, but since I don't build standalones that often it's just been a
minor annoyance. Now it's finally reached a stage where it's getting
to me.

--
-Mark
 [hidden email]