encrypt a standalone html5

Brian Milby via use-livecode
Helllo,

is it possible to encrypt a standalone html5 file. So it can't be
downloaded and unzipped. So other people can see our logic script.
for example: http://hyperhh.de/html5/CopyPaste-8.0.2X.html
http://hyperhh.de/html5/CopyPaste-8.0.2.zip

I can see the stack card and copy the logic.
I want it when other people download the html5 standalone zip they can't
read my livecode logic script
is there another way to make it encrypted?

Thanks

Re: encrypt a standalone html5

Brian Milby via use-livecode
> Riko A. wrote:
> Is it possible to encrypt a standalone html5 file.
> So it can't be downloaded and unzipped. So other
> people can see our logic script. for example:
> http://hyperhh.de/html5/CopyPaste-8.0.2X.html
> http://hyperhh.de/html5/CopyPaste-8.0.2.zip

I did that intentionally and published this method
in the HTML5 forum to make source code available.

The Indy version of LiveCode has no download link.
Of course this is no encryption.

BUT you can *password protect* the scripts of your
standalone with the Indy version. As I did here:

http://hyperhh.de/html5/EasyCropA-9.0.0-dp-4hhX.html
http://hyperhh.de/html5/EasyCropA-9.0.0-dp-4.zip

If you wish to sell your standalone you need moreover
the HTML5 license.

Riko Abadi wrote:

 > is it possible to encrypt a standalone html5 file. So it can't be
 > downloaded and unzipped. So other people can see our logic script.
 > for example: http://hyperhh.de/html5/CopyPaste-8.0.2X.html
 > http://hyperhh.de/html5/CopyPaste-8.0.2.zip
 >
 > I can see the stack card and copy the logic.
 > I want it when other people download the html5 standalone zip they
 > can't read my livecode logic script
 > is there another way to make it encrypted?

I believe HH's examples are using the Community Edition, in which source
is available by design.

As with the desktop edition, I believe LC's HTML export allows use of
stacks whose scripts have been password-protected.

That said, password protection only applies to the on-disk
representation of a stack.  Once in memory, the algorithms of any
program made with any tool can be dumped and disassembled.

If you have a need to protect secrets beyond what most desktop apps
need, consider moving those secrets to a server and accessing them from
your client app.

Re: encrypt a standalone html5

Brian Milby via use-livecode
Thanks hh for your respon,

How do i protect my application with a password?  I use livecode business.

Thanks

Pada tanggal Rab, 20 Nov 2019 01.08, hh via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> menulis:

> > Riko A. wrote:
> > Is it possible to encrypt a standalone html5 file.
> > So it can't be downloaded and unzipped. So other
> > people can see our logic script. for example:
> > http://hyperhh.de/html5/CopyPaste-8.0.2X.html
> > http://hyperhh.de/html5/CopyPaste-8.0.2.zip
>
> I did that intentionally and published this method
> in the HTML5 forum to make source code available.
>
> The Indy version of LiveCode has no download link.
> Of course this is no encryption.
>
> BUT you can *password protect* the scripts of your
> standalone with the Indy version. As I did here:
>
> http://hyperhh.de/html5/EasyCropA-9.0.0-dp-4hhX.html
> http://hyperhh.de/html5/EasyCropA-9.0.0-dp-4.zip
>
> If you wish to sell your standalone you need moreover
> the HTML5 license.

Re: encrypt a standalone html5

Brian Milby via use-livecode
> Riko A. wrote:
> How do i protect my application with a password? I use livecode business.

In the File/Standalone Application Settings go to Tab "Stacks".
At bottom right you find a check and a field for the password.

Re: encrypt a standalone html5

Brian Milby via use-livecode
> Richard G. wrote:
> That said, password protection only applies to the on-disk
> representation of a stack. Once in memory, the algorithms of
> any program made with any tool can be dumped and disassembled.

Little Criminals, I like this song by Randy Newman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_MDNdPwCRo     ;-)

Re: encrypt a standalone html5

Brian Milby via use-livecode
I’ve made an aes encryption library for HTML5 deployment for handling the data I pull from our server via php and js. But AES is not as robust as I would like for the kind of sensitive data we are dealing with so I’m going to make an RSA soon. AES cyphers are easy to create and require very little research. See proprivacy.com/guides/aes-encryption
I’d give you the code I’ve done but I don’t really own it as my client is paying for it. Maybe later I’ll be able.

Sean Cole
Pi Digital Prod Ltd

> On 19 Nov 2019, at 18:12, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> If you have a need to protect secrets beyond what most desktop apps need, consider moving those secrets to a server and accessing them from your client app.

Re: encrypt a standalone html5

Brian Milby via use-livecode
@Pi Digital

I will gladly accept your help. Thanks

Pada tanggal Rab, 20 Nov 2019 pukul 10.14 Pi Digital via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> menulis:

> I’ve made an aes encryption library for HTML5 deployment for handling the
> data I pull from our server via php and js. But AES is not as robust as I
> would like for the kind of sensitive data we are dealing with so I’m going
> to make an RSA soon. AES cyphers are easy to create and require very little
> research. See proprivacy.com/guides/aes-encryption
> I’d give you the code I’ve done but I don’t really own it as my client is
> paying for it. Maybe later I’ll be able.
>
> Sean Cole
> Pi Digital Prod Ltd
>
> > On 19 Nov 2019, at 18:12, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > If you have a need to protect secrets beyond what most desktop apps
> need, consider moving those secrets to a server and accessing them from
> your client app.

Re: encrypt a standalone html5

Brian Milby via use-livecode
What specific help do you need Riko?

Sean Cole
Pi Digital Prod Ltd

> On 20 Nov 2019, at 03:43, Riko Abadi via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> @Pi Digital
>
> I will gladly accept your help. Thanks
>
> Pada tanggal Rab, 20 Nov 2019 pukul 10.14 Pi Digital via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> menulis:
>
>> I’ve made an aes encryption library for HTML5 deployment for handling the
>> data I pull from our server via php and js. But AES is not as robust as I
>> would like for the kind of sensitive data we are dealing with so I’m going
>> to make an RSA soon. AES cyphers are easy to create and require very little
>> research. See proprivacy.com/guides/aes-encryption
>> I’d give you the code I’ve done but I don’t really own it as my client is
>> paying for it. Maybe later I’ll be able.
>>
>> Sean Cole
>> Pi Digital Prod Ltd
>>
>>> On 19 Nov 2019, at 18:12, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> If you have a need to protect secrets beyond what most desktop apps
>> need, consider moving those secrets to a server and accessing them from
>> your client app.

Re: encrypt a standalone html5

Brian Milby via use-livecode
If you don't mind, can you provide an encryption library for html5.
Thanks Sean.

Pada tanggal Rab, 20 Nov 2019 pukul 11.28 Pi Digital via use-livecode <