errordialog caveat?

Mike Kerner
I have a project that I brought forward from 6.x that I compile for ios.
As part of that, I have a library stack in the message path that has a
script for errorDialog.  If I check the stacksinUse, I can see the library
stack is in the message path.  If I manually call errorDialog I can cause
it to fire.  However, if I have an error, my handler never fires, and
instead the LC error dialog comes up.  Ideas welcome.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: errordialog caveat?

Mike Kerner
oh, yeah, and if I move the errorDialog handler to the stack script (from
the library), it seems to work.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 2:26 PM, Mike Kerner <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I have a project that I brought forward from 6.x that I compile for ios.
> As part of that, I have a library stack in the message path that has a
> script for errorDialog.  If I check the stacksinUse, I can see the library
> stack is in the message path.  If I manually call errorDialog I can cause
> it to fire.  However, if I have an error, my handler never fires, and
> instead the LC error dialog comes up.  Ideas welcome.

>    and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: errordialog caveat?

mwieder
Are you locking errormessages in the same script?
 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: errordialog caveat?

Mike Kerner
nope

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 3:09 PM, mwieder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are you locking errormessages in the same script?
>

> -----
> --
>  Mark Wieder
>  [hidden email]

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: errordialog caveat?

Dave Kilroy
I’m guessing the library stack a separate stack - what happens if you make it a sub-stack?

Further questions - can you check defaultstack, defaultfolder, stacksinuse just before calling your custom error dialog?

Peter M. Brigham

Re: errordialog caveat?

Dave Kilroy
A further thought - LC8 ‘speaks’ UniCode while LC6 doesn’t - is there anything in your library stack name, or the path to the library, or inside the handler) that might be affected?

> On 11 Oct 2016, at 14:38, Dave Kilroy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I’m guessing the library stack a separate stack - what happens if you make it a sub-stack?
>
> Further questions - can you check defaultstack, defaultfolder, stacksinuse just before calling your custom error dialog?

Peter M. Brigham

Re: errordialog caveat?

Mike Kerner
Let's see - it is a substack, and what effect would defaultStack and
defaultFolder have, perhaps?  The library stack appears in stacksInUse.
Also, when I call it manually, it works.  When it gets triggered by LC on
ios, it does not.  Whether this is because of how it gets triggered, I do
not know (in 8.1.0 there is a bug that causes the datagrid library
inclusion to be the opposite of what you select in the inclusions pane, and
after ten hours of pulling my hair out, I discovered, late, yesterday, that
this error is triggering as an indirect result of the dg library not being
included in the standalone).

On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 9:46 AM, Dave Kilroy <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> A further thought - LC8 ‘speaks’ UniCode while LC6 doesn’t - is there
> anything in your library stack name, or the path to the library, or inside
> the handler) that might be affected?
>

> > On 11 Oct 2016, at 14:38, Dave Kilroy <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I’m guessing the library stack a separate stack - what happens if you
> make it a sub-stack?
> >
> > Further questions - can you check defaultstack, defaultfolder,
> stacksinuse just before calling your custom error dialog?

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: errordialog caveat?

mwieder
Mike-

Another thing to check - if you've got glx2 in the system, make sure you've got the latest build. I found a legacy errorDialog handler in there that shouldn't have been lurking in the background, and I squashed it out of existence in the latest build.

Other than that, check the documentation on lockErrorDialogs and its interaction with errorDialog.
 ahsoftware@gmail.com