excessive bounces

Mike Bonner
Any idea why my account here might have been disabled due to "excessive
bounces?"  Says the last bounce was today and, other than this email right
here, I haven't sent anything to the use list today.

Re: excessive bounces

Colin Holgate-3
I had that today too. Not sure what the problem was. Bounces normally means that the list failed to send to you, not the other way around. You not seeing messages backs up that there were bounces.

> On Oct 28, 2016, at 12:36 PM, Mike Bonner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Any idea why my account here might have been disabled due to "excessive
> bounces?"  Says the last bounce was today and, other than this email right
> here, I haven't sent anything to the use list today.

Re: excessive bounces

Mike Bonner
Ah k. Thanks for the clarification!

On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Colin Holgate <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I had that today too. Not sure what the problem was. Bounces normally
> means that the list failed to send to you, not the other way around. You
> not seeing messages backs up that there were bounces.
>

> > On Oct 28, 2016, at 12:36 PM, Mike Bonner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Any idea why my account here might have been disabled due to "excessive
> > bounces?"  Says the last bounce was today and, other than this email
> right
> > here, I haven't sent anything to the use list today.

Re: excessive bounces

pmbrig
I got the same message, had to re-verify my subscription. Did gmail start doing something different?

— Peter

Peter M. Brigham
[hidden email]

> On Oct 28, 2016, at 3:50 PM, Mike Bonner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Ah k. Thanks for the clarification!
>
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Colin Holgate <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> I had that today too. Not sure what the problem was. Bounces normally
>> means that the list failed to send to you, not the other way around. You
>> not seeing messages backs up that there were bounces.
>>

>>> On Oct 28, 2016, at 12:36 PM, Mike Bonner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Any idea why my account here might have been disabled due to "excessive
>>> bounces?"  Says the last bounce was today and, other than this email
>> right
>>> here, I haven't sent anything to the use list today.

Re: excessive bounces

Skip Kimpel
Same here

SKIP

> On Oct 29, 2016, at 8:53 AM, Peter M. Brigham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I got the same message, had to re-verify my subscription. Did gmail start doing something different?
>
> — Peter
>
> Peter M. Brigham
> [hidden email]
>

>> On Oct 28, 2016, at 3:50 PM, Mike Bonner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Ah k. Thanks for the clarification!
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Colin Holgate <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I had that today too. Not sure what the problem was. Bounces normally
>>> means that the list failed to send to you, not the other way around. You
>>> not seeing messages backs up that there were bounces.

>>> right

Re: excessive bounces

Richmond Mathewson-2
Duuno: I got that message when I had been using a VPN thing to
pretend my computer was in Britain for 12 hours . . .

Richmond.

On 29.10.2016 16:54, Skip Kimpel wrote:

> Same here
>
> SKIP
>
>> On Oct 29, 2016, at 8:53 AM, Peter M. Brigham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I got the same message, had to re-verify my subscription. Did gmail start doing something different?
>>
>> — Peter
>>
>> Peter M. Brigham
>> [hidden email]
>>

>>> On Oct 28, 2016, at 3:50 PM, Mike Bonner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ah k. Thanks for the clarification!

Re: excessive bounces

Jerry Jensen-2
Maybe it is something to do with gmail. I don’t use gmail and didn’t get the message. My email comes to me through Dreamhost.
.Jerry

> On Oct 29, 2016, at 5:53 AM, Peter M. Brigham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I got the same message, had to re-verify my subscription. Did gmail start doing something different?
>
> — Peter
>
> Peter M. Brigham
> [hidden email]
>

>> On Oct 28, 2016, at 3:50 PM, Mike Bonner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Ah k. Thanks for the clarification!
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 1:40 PM, Colin Holgate <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I had that today too. Not sure what the problem was. Bounces normally
>>> means that the list failed to send to you, not the other way around. You
>>> not seeing messages backs up that there were bounces.

>>> right

Re: excessive bounces

dunbarxx
I have been dealing with this for years. I have the list send to my aol account.

Craig.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 29, 2016, at 1:48 PM, Jerry Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Maybe it is something to do with gmail. I don’t use gmail and didn’t get the message. My email comes to me through Dreamhost.
> .Jerry
>
>> On Oct 29, 2016, at 5:53 AM, Peter M. Brigham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I got the same message, had to re-verify my subscription. Did gmail start doing something different?
>>
>> — Peter
>>
>> Peter M. Brigham
>> [hidden email]
>>

>>> On Oct 28, 2016, at 3:50 PM, Mike Bonner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Ah k. Thanks for the clarification!

Re: excessive bounces

Paul Looney-2
I get this about once a week with AOL.

Paul Looney

> On Oct 29, 2016, at 10:48 AM, Jerry Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Maybe it is something to do with gmail. I don’t use gmail and didn’t get the message. My email comes to me through Dreamhost.
> .Jerry

Re: excessive bounces

Colin Holgate-3
I had another disable today.

Re: excessive bounces

Colin Holgate-3
More excessive bounces today.

Re: excessive bounces

mwieder
I used to get that a lot.
Finally after some two weeks of bouncing/reinstating/bouncing I switched from that awful on-rev or LiveCode hosting or whatever it's called these days and haven't had a bounce or lost email since.

 ahsoftware@gmail.com
 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: excessive bounces

Colin Holgate-3
I don’t think your email client makes a difference. Some are using Gmail, I’m using Mail, others are using browsers.

Re: excessive bounces

Jerry Jensen-2
Has anybody had a look at the headers of a bounce message? Do those messages actually exist?

> On Nov 14, 2016, at 4:45 PM, Colin Holgate <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I don’t think your email client makes a difference. Some are using Gmail, I’m using Mail, others are using browsers.

Re: excessive bounces

Colin Holgate-3
I think that we don’t get a copy of a bounced message. Heather might be the one to look for that.

> On Nov 14, 2016, at 7:55 PM, Jerry Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Has anybody had a look at the headers of a bounce message? Do those messages actually exist?
>
>> On Nov 14, 2016, at 4:45 PM, Colin Holgate <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I don’t think your email client makes a difference. Some are using Gmail, I’m using Mail, others are using browsers.

Re: excessive bounces

Tom Glod
yup...me too.

Heather was very helpful when I was having trouble with not receiving email from any sender at verizon.net (including Colin(!)). She looked long and hard for the details. In that case the emails were never sent because verizon had blocked my entire domain by name. I never did solve it, changed incoming providers and sold the domain. Anyway, she worked hard to verify that they had never received the emails. Verizon was impenetrable.

> On Nov 14, 2016, at 4:57 PM, Colin Holgate <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I think that we don’t get a copy of a bounced message. Heather might be the one to look for that.
>

>> On Nov 14, 2016, at 7:55 PM, Jerry Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Has anybody had a look at the headers of a bounce message? Do those messages actually exist?
>>
>>> On Nov 14, 2016, at 4:45 PM, Colin Holgate <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I don’t think your email client makes a difference. Some are using Gmail, I’m using Mail, others are using browsers.

Re: excessive bounces

Colin Holgate-3
I’m on Verizon, something else must be going on.

> On Nov 14, 2016, at 9:34 PM, Jerry Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Heather was very helpful when I was having trouble with not receiving email from any sender at verizon.net (including Colin(!)). She looked long and hard for the details. In that case the emails were never sent because verizon had blocked my entire domain by name. I never did solve it, changed incoming providers and sold the domain. Anyway, she worked hard to verify that they had never received the emails. Verizon was impenetrable.
>
>> On Nov 14, 2016, at 4:57 PM, Colin Holgate <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I think that we don’t get a copy of a bounced message. Heather might be the one to look for that.
>>

>>> On Nov 14, 2016, at 7:55 PM, Jerry Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Has anybody had a look at the headers of a bounce message? Do those messages actually exist?

Re: excessive bounces

Jerry Jensen-2
That was just a trip down memory lane. Besides you, Colin, on the east coast, I had several people in southern cal trying to send to me from verizon.net addresses with the same problem. I moved the domain from on-rev to dreamhost and the problem persisted. The mail never left verizon.net . Heather said so, dreamhost said so. Don’t care now. Its a problem for the new owner of jhj.com if the problem still exists.

On 11/14/2016 04:45 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:
> I don’t think your email client makes a difference. Some are using Gmail, I’m using Mail, others are using browsers.

I'm missing what my email client has to do with this.
I switched to a different email provider and left the on-rev/LC thing
far behind.

 ahsoftware@gmail.com
12