font solution

Charles Hartman
David Epstein (who's having list access problems & wrote me
separately) suggests the solution copied below, to the problem of
getting text in a field into "owner" font and style after some lines
have been put into another font.

It looks cool, and I'm working toward using it. Meanwhile, I've
discovered the source of my problem. If you set the text style of
some words in a field to link, bold, etc., and then look at the
htmlText of the field, you see that after the end-of-link/bold
marker, Rev is putting in a <font> specification (setting it to
whatever the effective font is at the time the card is made. Get rid
of that font tag, and the following text reverts to the _real_
owner's font even when that changes.

Surely that's not the right behavior Rev should have, is it?

(Hope this makes sense -- written in too much haste.)

========= Epstein Solution ============================

on changeFieldTextProps f,mySize,myFont

   repeat with c = 1 to the number of cards

     put the htmlText of fld f of card c into hold[c]

   end repeat

   set the textSize of fld f to mySize

   set the textFont of fld f to myFont

   repeat with c = 1 to the number of cards

     set the htmlText of fld f of card c to hold[c]

   end repeat

end changeFieldTextProps

======================================

Charles Hartman
Professor of English, Poet in Residence
Connecticut College
[hidden email]
*the Scandroid* is at cherry.conncoll.edu/cohar/Programs

Re: font solution

Eric Chatonet
Hi Charles,

You were perfectly right.
Thanks for having dug in the question and for giving us with David
this clever workaround :-)

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 8 juil. 05 à 04:55, Charles Hartman a écrit :

> David Epstein (who's having list access problems & wrote me
> separately) suggests the solution copied below, to the problem of
> getting text in a field into "owner" font and style after some
> lines have been put into another font.
>
> It looks cool, and I'm working toward using it. Meanwhile, I've
> discovered the source of my problem. If you set the text style of
> some words in a field to link, bold, etc., and then look at the
> htmlText of the field, you see that after the end-of-link/bold
> marker, Rev is putting in a <font> specification (setting it to
> whatever the effective font is at the time the card is made. Get
> rid of that font tag, and the following text reverts to the _real_
> owner's font even when that changes.
>
> Surely that's not the right behavior Rev should have, is it?
>
> (Hope this makes sense -- written in too much haste.)
>
> ========= Epstein Solution ============================
>
> on changeFieldTextProps f,mySize,myFont
>
>   repeat with c = 1 to the number of cards
>
>     put the htmlText of fld f of card c into hold[c]
>
>   end repeat
>
>   set the textSize of fld f to mySize
>
>   set the textFont of fld f to myFont
>
>   repeat with c = 1 to the number of cards
>
>     set the htmlText of fld f of card c to hold[c]
>
>   end repeat
>
> end changeFieldTextProps

So Smart Software