fonts v8 vs v9

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Hi everyone

Does anyone know what changed in version 9 to make all fonts look bolded ?
the font of the ide seems slightly different too. font inside my
application...big difference.

Thanks

Tom

Re: fonts v8 vs v9

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Hi Tom,

In LiveCode 9.0 DP-7 we have updated the version of the Skia library (which
is used for font rendering). But this should not make all fonts look
bolded. If this is the case for you, can you file a bug report (
http://quality.livecode.com) so as we investigate further?

Best,
Panos
--

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 7:45 PM, Tom Glod via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> Does anyone know what changed in version 9 to make all fonts look bolded ?
> the font of the ide seems slightly different too. font inside my
> application...big difference.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

Re: fonts v8 vs v9

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Hi Panos....

While looking more closely at a comparison...I can't in my right mind call
it a bug since the text rendering looks so much better .... it does look
boldish but it could just be the segoe font. so its not a bug...its
improved rendering of fonts. check it out

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rna2motjgd66k1v/v8-v9-font-rendering.jpg?dl=0