formatForPrinting

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
With regard to formatForPrinting for Windows, the dictionary says to set the property *before* you open the stack. I'm probably just being thick, but how do you set the property of a stack that is not open? Does this really mean to set it to true, save it, close it and then reopen it in order to print accurately? And then if the user wants to make a change to some text, they have to set it to false, save, close, reopen? Then to print a second time go through all of that again? That sounds like a horrible thing to put a user through. Why can’t you set it to true just before you print, then back to false afterward?

Can anybody provide some input on this?

Thanks,
Marty

Re: formatForPrinting

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
I am intrigued as well.

The dictionary is quite clear. Set this property before it ever is in
memory.

Does the engine store properties just in case a stack of the appropriate
name opens? Are there other such properties?

The dictionary states that this property can be cleared if text is to be
edited, and then, I assume reset if the user want to print again. So is the
property stored in the stack as well?

Craig