getResource/getResources?

Rick Harrison via use-livecode
I have a project where I need to extract data from the resource fork of
older Mac files.

Several LC versions ago getResource and getResources no longer worked.
But I just checked the v8.1.7 Dictionary and they're not marked as
deprecated.

Anyone here use those on the latest OS X with a version of LC v8 or later?

This is probably the last time I'll need to use those (who uses the res
fork anymore?), but it'll help determine whether I upgrade one of my
machines to a newer OS version.

Thanks in advance for any recent hands-on experience with those
functions you can share.