glo webhooks

Pi Digital via use-livecode
I see that gitkraken's glo boards now support webhooks
who's using gitkraken, and is anyone thinking about implementing webhook
handling for glo?

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: glo webhooks

Pi Digital via use-livecode
It is sad, after more than half a century in the business, to read something about software development that means absolutely nothing to me… OK, Google will come to the rescue, but I am seriously thinking that maybe it's time to give up.

(Sigh)

Graham

> On 3 Dec 2018, at 14:51, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I see that gitkraken's glo boards now support webhooks
> who's using gitkraken, and is anyone thinking about implementing webhook
> handling for glo?

>   and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Re: glo webhooks

Pi Digital via use-livecode
gitkraken is a git client
glo is a visual tool for issue management.  boards can be synced with
github projects or standalone.

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 10:46 AM Graham Samuel via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is sad, after more than half a century in the business, to read
> something about software development that means absolutely nothing to me…
> OK, Google will come to the rescue, but I am seriously thinking that maybe
> it's time to give up.
>
> (Sigh)
>
> Graham
>
> > On 3 Dec 2018, at 14:51, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I see that gitkraken's glo boards now support webhooks
> > who's using gitkraken, and is anyone thinking about implementing webhook
> > handling for glo?
> >
> > --
> > On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> > On the second day, God created the oceans.
> > On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
> >   and did a little diving.
> > And God said, "This is good."

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: glo webhooks

Pi Digital via use-livecode
Thanks - since it has at least one client, git then must be a server system: maybe I had already guessed that. Not sure what kind of issues can be managed visually, nor what a board is nor why or how it can be synced… but don’t waste your time to answer fogies like me. Either I will set myself to study github properly or sink back into the shadows. Underlyingly I have been worried for some time that in order to be used with modern version management tools, LC has had to be either altered or perhaps just used in a way which is very alien to its Hypercard “software development for the rest of us” origins. For this reason it is becoming hard to be productive in LC just using common sense and programming experience.

But I guess this is a rant, so I will stop.

Graham

> On 3 Dec 2018, at 16:23, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> gitkraken is a git client
> glo is a visual tool for issue management.  boards can be synced with
> github projects or standalone.
>
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 10:46 AM Graham Samuel via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> It is sad, after more than half a century in the business, to read
>> something about software development that means absolutely nothing to me…
>> OK, Google will come to the rescue, but I am seriously thinking that maybe
>> it's time to give up.
>>
>> (Sigh)
>>
>> Graham
>>
>>> On 3 Dec 2018, at 14:51, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I see that gitkraken's glo boards now support webhooks
>>> who's using gitkraken, and is anyone thinking about implementing webhook
>>> handling for glo?
>>>
>>> --
>>> On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
>>> On the second day, God created the oceans.
>>> On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
>>>  and did a little diving.
>>> And God said, "This is good."

>   and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Re: glo webhooks

Pi Digital via use-livecode
git is a version control system.  At this time it is the most
common/popular one.  Since it is command-line based, there are many visual
tools for dealing with it.

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 12:03 PM Graham Samuel via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks - since it has at least one client, git then must be a server
> system: maybe I had already guessed that. Not sure what kind of issues can
> be managed visually, nor what a board is nor why or how it can be synced…
> but don’t waste your time to answer fogies like me. Either I will set
> myself to study github properly or sink back into the shadows. Underlyingly
> I have been worried for some time that in order to be used with modern
> version management tools, LC has had to be either altered or perhaps just
> used in a way which is very alien to its Hypercard “software development
> for the rest of us” origins. For this reason it is becoming hard to be
> productive in LC just using common sense and programming experience.
>
> But I guess this is a rant, so I will stop.
>
> Graham
>
> > On 3 Dec 2018, at 16:23, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > gitkraken is a git client
> > glo is a visual tool for issue management.  boards can be synced with
> > github projects or standalone.
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 10:46 AM Graham Samuel via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> It is sad, after more than half a century in the business, to read
> >> something about software development that means absolutely nothing to
> me…
> >> OK, Google will come to the rescue, but I am seriously thinking that
> maybe
> >> it's time to give up.
> >>
> >> (Sigh)
> >>
> >> Graham

> webhook

> > --
> > On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> > On the second day, God created the oceans.
> > On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
> >   and did a little diving.
> > And God said, "This is good."

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: glo webhooks

Pi Digital via use-livecode
While GitHub is an example of a server based solution, git does not require a server.  You can establish a repository on your computer and manage a project with version control.  The visual tools do help.

Binary files don’t benefit from change tracking, but a tool like Script Tracker can export the scripts of a stack so you can easily follow the changes to the code of a project without needing to move to script only stacks right away.

Thanks,
Brian
On Dec 3, 2018, 11:39 AM -0600, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <[hidden email]>, wrote:

> git is a version control system. At this time it is the most
> common/popular one. Since it is command-line based, there are many visual
> tools for dealing with it.
>
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 12:03 PM Graham Samuel via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks - since it has at least one client, git then must be a server
> > system: maybe I had already guessed that. Not sure what kind of issues can
> > be managed visually, nor what a board is nor why or how it can be synced…
> > but don’t waste your time to answer fogies like me. Either I will set
> > myself to study github properly or sink back into the shadows. Underlyingly
> > I have been worried for some time that in order to be used with modern
> > version management tools, LC has had to be either altered or perhaps just
> > used in a way which is very alien to its Hypercard “software development
> > for the rest of us” origins. For this reason it is becoming hard to be
> > productive in LC just using common sense and programming experience.
> >
> > But I guess this is a rant, so I will stop.
> >
> > Graham
> >
> > > On 3 Dec 2018, at 16:23, Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > gitkraken is a git client
> > > glo is a visual tool for issue management. boards can be synced with
> > > github projects or standalone.

> > me…
> > maybe

> > webhook

> > > --
> > > On the first day, God created the heavens and the Earth
> > > On the second day, God created the oceans.
> > > On the third day, God put the animals on hold for a few hours,
> > > and did a little diving.
> > > And God said, "This is good."

> and did a little diving.
> And God said, "This is good."

Re: glo webhooks

Pi Digital via use-livecode
Glo boards and GitKracken are great pieces of software, Ive been using both
for a while now and find them both very intuitive  and easy to use, I
especially like the Globoards intigration with GitHub issues.

I somehow managed to miss the webhooks announcement, exciting!...lets see
what we can come up with.

-----
Andy Piddock

TinyIDE  a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode

Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder.
http://www.pointandsee.co.uk  - made with LiveCode