height of title bar

dunbarx via use-livecode
Is there a way in LC to discover the height of a window's title bar?

I tried comparing item 2 of the card's globalLoc(topleft of this card)
to item 2 of the stack's topleft, but they are the same.

I tried comparing the stack's topleft with no decorations to the same
but with decorations. No joy. Same.

Any other ideas?

Thanks -
Phil

--
Phil Davis

Re: height of title bar

dunbarx via use-livecode
On 3/19/2018 1:37 PM, Phil Davis via use-livecode wrote:

> Is there a way in LC to discover the height of a window's title bar?
>
> I tried comparing item 2 of the card's globalLoc(topleft of this card)
> to item 2 of the stack's topleft, but they are the same.
>
> I tried comparing the stack's topleft with no decorations to the same
> but with decorations. No joy. Same.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks -
> Phil

See the use of the 'effective' keyword in the dictionary under the
rectangle property. Essentially the 'effective rect of window X' minus
the 'rect of window x' give you the height of the title bar for teh top
coordinates and the size of the border for left, right, and bottom
coordinates.

Re: height of title bar

dunbarx via use-livecode
Thank you Paul! It does indeed work as you said.

Phil

On 3/19/18 10:46 AM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode wrote:

> On 3/19/2018 1:37 PM, Phil Davis via use-livecode wrote:
>> Is there a way in LC to discover the height of a window's title bar?
>>
>> I tried comparing item 2 of the card's globalLoc(topleft of this card)
>> to item 2 of the stack's topleft, but they are the same.
>>
>> I tried comparing the stack's topleft with no decorations to the same
>> but with decorations. No joy. Same.
>>
>> Any other ideas?
>>
>> Thanks -
>> Phil
>>
> See the use of the 'effective' keyword in the dictionary under the
> rectangle property. Essentially the 'effective rect of window X' minus
> the 'rect of window x' give you the height of the title bar for teh top
> coordinates and the size of the border for left, right, and bottom
> coordinates.

Phil Davis