how to not display the card number in the stack title bar?

how to not display the card number in the stack title bar?

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Hi,

maybe this is a dumb question, but how can i avoid that the card number is shown in the stack title bar?

Regards,

Matthias

Re: how to not display the card number in the stack title bar?

Klaus on-rev
Hi Mathias,

Am 20.09.2011 um 13:11 schrieb Matthias Rebbe:

> Hi,
>
> maybe this is a dumb question, but how can i avoid that the card number is shown in the stack title bar?

add a TITLE to the stack :-)

> Regards,
>
> Matthias

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: how to not display the card number in the stack title bar?

AndyP
Hi Matthias

Not dumb at all. Do a right click on the stack and select the Stack property Inspector then give your stack a Name and Title.
Andy Piddock

TinyIDE a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode

Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder. http://www.pointandsee.co.uk - made with LiveCode

Re: how to not display the card number in the stack title bar?

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Aaaahhh, you got me. As is said, maybe a dumb question. I really thought that if i don´t enter a title the name of the stack is used.

Thanks.

Matthias

Am 20.09.2011 um 13:19 schrieb Klaus on-rev:

> Hi Mathias,
>
> Am 20.09.2011 um 13:11 schrieb Matthias Rebbe:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> maybe this is a dumb question, but how can i avoid that the card number is shown in the stack title bar?
>
> add a TITLE to the stack :-)
>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Matthias
>
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

Re: how to not display the card number in the stack title bar?

dunbarxx
Just so I get it, was the question really: how to avoid the fact that the name of the stack in the titleBar was "Untitled 1", or some such? And that the answer was to provide a stack name?

Certainly it was not the card number, right?

Craig Newman

Re: how to not display the card number in the stack title bar?

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
With no title set the name of the stack is shown in the title bar + the number of the actual shown card.

Regards,

Matthias

Am 20.09.2011 um 14:45 schrieb [hidden email]:

> Just so I get it, was the question really: how to avoid the fact that the name of the stack in the titleBar was "Untitled 1", or some such? And that the answer was to provide a stack name?
>

> Certainly it was not the card number, right?
>

> Craig Newman

Colin Holgate-2
Not exactly. It remains as "Untitled", it doesn't take on the name that you gave the stack when you saved.

And Craig, the first number is just one to make it be unique, like Untitled 1 or Untitled 2. After that though there are parens, with the card number in them, if there is more than one card.

On Sep 20, 2011, at 8:50 AM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:

> With no title set the name of the stack is shown in the title bar + the number of the actual shown card.

Re: how to not display the card number in the stack title bar?

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
Colin,

yes and no. I meant the stack name in the stackproperites properties and not the filename.
And that stack name (not filename) is used as title if no title is set. And in that case the actual card number is shown.

Regards,

Matthias
Am 20.09.2011 um 15:35 schrieb Colin Holgate:

> Not exactly. It remains as "Untitled", it doesn't take on the name that you gave the stack when you saved.
>
> And Craig, the first number is just one to make it be unique, like Untitled 1 or Untitled 2. After that though there are parens, with the card number in them, if there is more than one card.
>

> On Sep 20, 2011, at 8:50 AM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:
>
>> With no title set the name of the stack is shown in the title bar + the number of the actual shown card.

Re: how to not display the card number in the stack title bar?

Colin Holgate-2
Let's face it, it's way too flexible! Enough in there to make everyone happy, or if not, confused.

On Sep 20, 2011, at 10:06 AM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:

> yes and no. I meant the stack name in the stackproperites properties and not the filename.
> And that stack name (not filename) is used as title if no title is set. And in that case the actual card number is shown.

Re: how to not display the card number in the stack title bar?

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D
I totally agree.
I am very often amazed what can be done with LiveCode and sometimes disappointed if something can´t be done.

And with tools like DataGridHelper,MobGui or Scott Rossi´s tmControl it´s quite easier to get things done the right way.
Oh i forgot GLX2 editor, MarkWieder´s PowerDebug and PowerTools and so on.... there are plenty.

LiveCode is great, but with such tools it´s much better!

No i am not drunk. ;)   I am just enthusiastic. I just finished a very time consuming project in LiveCode (some of the mentioned tools helped me a lot) and my customer is more than happy with the result. :)

Regards,

Matthias

Am 20.09.2011 um 16:39 schrieb Colin Holgate:

> Let's face it, it's way too flexible! Enough in there to make everyone happy, or if not, confused.
>
> On Sep 20, 2011, at 10:06 AM, Matthias Rebbe wrote:
>
>> yes and no. I meant the stack name in the stackproperites properties and not the filename.
>> And that stack name (not filename) is used as title if no title is set. And in that case the actual card number is shown.

Re: how to not display the card number in the stack title bar?

Peter Haworth-2
Another little nuance I notice on the stack Title.  If you specify a title,
it is displayed exactly as entered.  If you enter a name and leave the title
blank, an asterisk is appended to the stack name in the title bar.  What is
the significance of the asterisk?
Pete

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 4:24 AM, AndyP <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Matthias
>
> Not dumb at all. Do a right click on the stack and select the Stack
> property
> Inspector then give your stack a Name and Title.
>

> -----
> Andy Piddock
>

> My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
> PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker /
> finder.
> http://www.pointandsee.co.uk - made with LiveCode (v1.4.1 released
> 26/08/2011)

Re: how to not display the card number in the stack title bar?

J. Landman Gay
It indicates there is no title and only one card. If there is more than one card then the asterisk is replaced by the card number.