how to pause a song??? please help

Ban Nguyen
Hello,

I've been working on creating a pause button to stop an audio and
clicking the button again to play the audio where it was stopped (not
the beginning)

I am using this code for pause button:

on mouseUp
    play pause audioClip "my clip"
end mouseUp

It stops for 1 second and play at the beginning. Anyone knows how to set
it so it will play again where it was stopped.  Thank you.

Re: how to pause a song??? please help

Jon-3
Ban:

I uploaded my sample Player exactly for people like you!  There is a
Pause button: just see how I coded it!  If you have problems finding the
stack, just let me know, off the list, and I'll help you find it!

:)

Jon

------------------

I uploaded my sample Player exactly for people like you!  There is a
Pause button: just see how I coded it!  If you have problems finding the

stack, just let me know, off the list, and I'll help you find it!

-------------------------------

I did not use player object at the beginning so cannot use this code:
start player "myPlayer"
stop player "myPlayer"

I use "play" command

So I don't know what to do now

I want to have a list of songs (9 songs) displayed on the scrollList so
user can select which song is played.  Is there anyway that I can use
JLBPlayer to do this.  I want to play .wav file

JLBplayer only plays mp3?

thanks

Re: how to pause a song??? please help

Richard Gaskin
Ban Nguyen wrote:
> I did not use player object at the beginning so cannot use this code:
> start player "myPlayer"
> stop player "myPlayer"
>
> I use "play" command
>
> So I don't know what to do now

You'll definitely want to use a player object.  The play command was
implemented as a simple way to play some media files, but doesn't have
nearly the range of capabilities as a player.

And because it's supported by QuickTime you'll get not only MP3
playback, but also WAV, AIFF, AAC, AU, and dozens more....

  Managing Editor, revJournal

RE: how to pause a song??? please help

Ban Nguyen
> I did not use player object at the beginning so cannot use this code:
> start player "myPlayer"
> stop player "myPlayer"
>
> I use "play" command
>
> So I don't know what to do now

You'll definitely want to use a player object.  The play command was
implemented as a simple way to play some media files, but doesn't have
nearly the range of capabilities as a player.

And because it's supported by QuickTime you'll get not only MP3
playback, but also WAV, AIFF, AAC, AU, and dozens more....

  Managing Editor, revJournal

-------------------------------

I really want to use the "player" object but I don't know how to use it
to play the song that imported into stack.  I have seen people use the
"player" object to open a song from local computer (such as
C:\songs\....).  I want to play song that imported into stack (9 songs).
I want to list these songs in the scrolling list field so user can
select a song to play.  Please help this is the last step that I need to
finish this project.  Klaus help me figure out how to make the volume
control and other button such as play, stop... work

Re: how to pause a song??? please help

Jon-3
Ban:

Feel free to contact me off list if you want to pursue this just between
the two of us.

You could take JLBPlayer and make the following changes to do what you want:

1) make the stack/window taller;
2) put nine buttons or fields on the taller window
3) create a MouseUp handler for each button.  Each handler plays one of
the nine audio files, using the same code that I use to load and play audio.

:)

Jon